Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Best/Favorite RV Resort
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Best/Favorite RV Resort

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 05/24/21 05:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Suggest you take a short trip up to Perry, Ga (on I-75) and stay a couple of days getting used to things. Fair Harbor is a great place to make sure you understand everything and have all that you need.
Strong wifi throughout the park and FHU sites are nice and roomy. If you have RV problems, there is several dealerships just up the road that can help you out.

JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/24/21 06:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since you're in Fl, you might want to check out Bluewater Key, near Key West. We just returned from there yesterday.... this is the lot we stayed on --> Bluewater Key Lot 8 -- there are 81 lots in the resort -- all with different amenities.

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Alex and Tee

Jacksonville , FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/24/21 03:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Appreciate everyone's responses. Here are some of the places we are interested in visiting once we are able to hit the road:

Orlando, FL – Tropical Palms RV Resort ( Tropical Palms Resort | RV Campground and Cottages in Kissimmee, FL )

Jensen Beach, FL – Ocean Breeze Resort ( Ocean Breeze Resort | Jensen Beach FL | Sun RV Resorts )

Fiesta Key, FL – Fiesta Key RV Resort ( Fiesta Key RV Resort | RV Park in Florida | Florida RV Campground (thousandtrails.com)

Naples, FL -Naples RV Resort ( Naples RV Resort | Gulf Coast | Sun RV Resorts )

Port Charlotte, FL – Harbor Lakes RV Resort ( Harbor Lakes RV Resort | Encore RV Resort in Fort Myers, Florida (rvonthego.com)

Jacksonville, FL – Pecan Park RV Resort ( RV Camping in Jacksonvile, FL - Pecan Park RV Resort (sunrvresorts.com)

Savannah, GA – Creekfire RV Resort ( CreekFire Motor Ranch - Savannah RV Site and Campground (creekfirerv.com)

Gulf Shores, AL – Bella Terra of Gulf Shores ( Five Star Class A RV Resort on the Gulf Coast - Bella Terra RV Resort )

San Antonio, TX – Alsation RV Resort ( Alsatian RV Resort – San Antonio RV Park 830-931-9190 (alsatianresort.com)

Tucson, AZ – Rincon Country ( Quality RV Resorts Living for People 55+ - Rincon Country RV Resorts )

Phoenix, AZ – Paradise RV Resort ( Paradise RV Resort | Encore RV Resort in Arizona | Sun City RV park (rvonthego.com)
Monte Vista RV Resort ( Monte Vista RV Resort | Encore RV Resort in Arizona | Mesa (montevistaresort.com)
Mesa Regal RV Resort ( Mesa Regal RV Resort in Mesa, AZ (cal-am.com)
Pleasant Harbor RV Resort ( Pleasant Harbor Marina & RV Resort at Lake Pleasant )
Palm Creek Casa Grande, AZ
Mesa Spirit RV Resort ( Mesa Spirit RV Resort | Encore RV Park in Mesa, AZ (rvonthego.com)

If anyone can offer any insights on these places please chime in!

Alex & Teresa

2022 Allegro Open Road
2021 Colorado 4x4

Alex and Tee

Jacksonville , FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/24/21 03:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes we plan on joining Passport America and Good Sam's. We get a year of Thousand Trails with our RV purchase and will probably add a zone or two and upgrade to be able to visit the Encore parks as well. Not convinced that one of the higher membership levels are worth it though. If anyone can comment we would like to understand the advantages or disadvantages. I see us staying in one spot for longer than 21 days (likely 3-4 months) and, when we do travel, I think 14 days in one spot is plenty.

Addy15

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/21 06:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a very nice resort called Indigo Bluffs near the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore in Michigan. It has a regular campground side that is very nice as it is, but they also have a "luxury" side which we found absolutely fantastic. We stayed on the "regular" side, but had we known how nice the "luxury" side was, we would have happily paid the higher price for that.

The other nice resort that we have been to is the West Glacier KOA near the west entrance to Glacier National Park.

Those are probably the two nicest places we have stayed.

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/27/21 07:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Addy15 wrote:

There is a very nice resort called Indigo Bluffs near the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore in Michigan. It has a regular campground side that is very nice as it is, but they also have a "luxury" side which we found absolutely fantastic. We stayed on the "regular" side, but had we known how nice the "luxury" side was, we would have happily paid the higher price for that.

{SNIP}

Shhhhh.

We're not supposed to tell anybody about this place. It's the most amazing "RV Resort" we've ever stayed at. I laughed though when they handed me the remote control to open the gate to get into the "luxury" side of the park.

Everything about this place was heavenly, especially the surroundings and the people.

I think we stayed there for three nights, but I wish we could have stayed longer. We were really winging it on that trip with no plan or itinerary. We fell in love with this area and the climate, and took our foot off the gas to explore more slowly. We visited the U.P. and then stopped in the Ontario side of Sault Ste. Marie for another four nights before turning back west and looping around Lake Superior and starting our long trip home again.

Indigo Bluffs was the nicest place we stayed on our 11,000 mile trip. The facility was perfect and the hosts were priceless.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

keepmotoring

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/21 02:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Definitely Blue Water Key Resort in Key West. Each site is privately owned. Most come with tiki huts, on the water, and some with docks. Highly recommend but is very expensive.

LUVRVN

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/21 05:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"RV Resort Park" means different things to different people. But keep in mind, the meaning varies between park owners. Some owners seem to think they have a "Taj Mahal" and it is no more than a regular RV Park. Don't trust their internet info as many never resemble what you read or saw on an advertisement. I'm betting with in the first year of full timing you will start to ignore "RV Resort" signage. We have been full timing for 17 years and have yet to stay at a "Resort". The sign might have said "RV Resort" but only in the owners mind.

jonaz

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/21 08:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My favorite campgrounds are around Zion National Park, Utah..Bryce Canyon National Park is amazing as well.

I love Arizona, Nevada as well but why stop there?

Come to California and you will be amazed...Yosemite, The Central Coast(Avilla, Pismo, etc), The Sierras, even Half Moon Bay (40 minutes from San Francisco) are phenomenal. San Diego is nice too...you can camp at Mission Bay RV Park or Campland on the Bay and catch a Uber to downtown San Diego, even see a baseball game at beautiful Petco Park (I'm a Dodgers Fan)...great experience.

BTW, I was born and raised in Florida...I know Florida like the back of my hand but there is no comparison to camping in California. Yes, the gas is expensive out here but it is well worth it.

[blue]2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Hemi (3.92 gears) Prodigy brake controller,Weight Distribution Hitch 2021 Coachman Catalina 263BHSCK

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/21 12:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jonaz wrote:

My favorite campgrounds are around Zion National Park, Utah..Bryce Canyon National Park is amazing as well.

I love Arizona, Nevada as well but why stop there?

Come to California and you will be amazed...Yosemite, The Central Coast(Avilla, Pismo, etc), The Sierras, even Half Moon Bay (40 minutes from San Francisco) are phenomenal. San Diego is nice too...you can camp at Mission Bay RV Park or Campland on the Bay and catch a Uber to downtown San Diego, even see a baseball game at beautiful Petco Park (I'm a Dodgers Fan)...great experience.

BTW, I was born and raised in Florida...I know Florida like the back of my hand but there is no comparison to camping in California. Yes, the gas is expensive out here but it is well worth it.

Cal is great for camping but the speed limit blows and so does your fuel prices. Left Oregon a month or so and paid 3.29 for diesel and got to CA and it was 4.19. Add to the fact that everywhere is packed to the gills it's just not worth going there anymore. Sure we'll go back but not this year.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Best/Favorite RV Resort
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.