Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Generators!! Yes YOU!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev
ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/14/21 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A doctor isn't give you a prescrip for a CPAP just because you want one. You have to go through a sleep study and it has to be pre-approved per insurance.

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

lostbytes

Was lostmarbles years back on here....

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/14/21 12:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Normally, you would think so...

Search Google, script for CPAP machine?

Get a script in 24 hours without doctor. You can also find CPAP on craigslist for half price. Just make sure they work or no deal. My wife did her sleep clinic at Kaiser. Bought on craigslist. Used it for a year then didn't need it anymore. Lost a lot of weight.

memilanuk

Dry side of the Cascades

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 03:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RambleOnNW wrote:

The Victron 15A looks good with separate battery and load outputs. Great for using the unused panel output once the batteries are getting charged up.

I'm trying to picture in my head how this would work... I thought most RV setups had the 'loads' and the 'battery' all tied together (over simplified, I realize), whether via terminal connections, bus bars, etc. Or would this be for where there is a 'house' battery bank, and a 'starter' (vehicle) battery?

Thanks,

Monte

RambleOnNW

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/21 12:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

memilanuk wrote:

RambleOnNW wrote:

The Victron 15A looks good with separate battery and load outputs. Great for using the unused panel output once the batteries are getting charged up.

I'm trying to picture in my head how this would work... I thought most RV setups had the 'loads' and the 'battery' all tied together (over simplified, I realize), whether via terminal connections, bus bars, etc. Or would this be for where there is a 'house' battery bank, and a 'starter' (vehicle) battery?

Thanks,

Monte

I have looked around a bit so here’s my understanding. The load output control is programmable based on the solar and battery state. So yes. charge the chassis battery when the house batteries are full and the solar is active. Or control a relay switching a load attached to the battery.

2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/21 01:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Timmo! wrote:

We run our quite Honda generator each morning to charge the TT batteries; we usually camp far away from the next person as we are in the "live and let live" camp.

Appreciate that you only run it for a little while.. But there is really no such thing as a quiet generator. At Julian Price park on the BRP. You can hear a Honda run 100 yards away. In fact. you can hear a lantern running 50 yards away.

It is very quiet there, almost a shame to talk out loud. Makes you whisper.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/21 01:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Honestly, and I know this goes against the flow. But if you just can't live without TV, AC, and all the other stuff you think you need. Then maybe you should stay in a park that has full hookups. after all, you are there to enjoy nature anyway. Why ruin it for those that went to a primitive CG to get away from the noise of truckstop camping. there are literally thousands of CGs with full hookups, where you won't have to miss a thing

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.