Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Tires - for a truck...
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tires - for a truck...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
darkmind25

Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/21 09:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am very pleased with the set of Nitto Ridge Grappler tires that I recently bought from 4wheelonline. It performs well both on and off-road. Surprising quiet for an all-terrain tire.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/21 12:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FTR (for the record), I'm not a very picky tire guy.
But Toyo RTs (albeit mine are 37s) are loud for how aggressive they are and in factory trim (not siped) are only marginally better than fair weather tires and not as good as most all ATs in snow.

Similar snow performance to a Firestone Transforce AT. Not great.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

kfp673

PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 03:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quick update. Have had the Cooper AT3's on now for a week including 200 miles of towing. Nothing to complain about. Ride much smoother than my Firestones did (though they actually have tread so that is likely why) and are not at all noisy. They look aggressive but ride like a quality AT tire. Fingers crossed I get better life out of these but I would suggest looking into them. Keep in mind however that they come in black or white letters. Mine are black and it's not the old flip the letter type tire so be sure you ask for while letters if that is what you want.

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/21 07:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kfp673 wrote:

Quick update. Have had the Cooper AT3's on now for a week including 200 miles of towing. Nothing to complain about. Ride much smoother than my Firestones did (though they actually have tread so that is likely why) and are not at all noisy. They look aggressive but ride like a quality AT tire. Fingers crossed I get better life out of these but I would suggest looking into them. Keep in mind however that they come in black or white letters. Mine are black and it's not the old flip the letter type tire so be sure you ask for while letters if that is what you want.
Yes - Cooper makes tires with white letters - but not in my size - see their response to me below. Sure, I could have gone with the tire they suggested, but didn't want to. The only tire with them( in my size ) is the Firestone - may have been a better tire that the factory set, but I didn't want to take the chance. Found the Bridgestone Duelers at a lower price than Discount tire and used the Found it lower link on their website - received an email from them offering the same price. Now that they are installed, they really don't look that bad.

[image]

[image]
[image]Click For Full-Size Image.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Thunderbolt

North Branch, Mn USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/21 12:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kfp673 wrote:

I am having the Cooper AT3's installed tomorrow. Looked at those, Bridgestones, and a few others. Cant find any known name AT tires in that size for under $300 and have no interest in spending $400+ for goodyears. Cooper AT3's my local quoted rate was $300-$340 installed. Only got 30k miles out of the factory Firestones. Hoping to get more out of these, and they look awesome in the pictures. https://www.amazon.com/Cooper-Discoverer-All-Terrain-Radial-Tire-285/dp/B07DN82SN4

I used to run the Bridgstone Revo's and they were great at first and once they wore some I found that traction suffered badly. I switched to the Cooper AT3's and I am not looking back. Much better traction throughout the life of the tire, great wear and cheaper than the Bridgestones. That is my experience so others may vary.

Bryan
2003 2500HD Ext. cab short box
6.0 liter 4.10 gears, Nelson performance PCM 293,000 miles
98 K1500 4x4 heavy duty 1/2 ton (Sold)
6,600lb GVWR 5,280lbs on the scale empty
14 bolt rear diff. 3:73 , Tranny and oil coolers
380,000 miles.

BackOfThePack

Fort Worth

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/21 04:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bridgestone or Michelin. (Duravis or LTX)

Two sets of the latter to go almost 250k (50/50 Town/Country).

2004 555 CTD QC LB NV-5600
1990 35’ Silver Streak

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tires - for a truck...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.