Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Considering move from class A to C
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Considering move from class A to C

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/21 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pnichols wrote:

Ron, from your photos above it looks like the captain's chair also slides forward and backward? (as well as swiveling)

If so, note that whoever is using the captain's chair in your RV can also face it at the right hand dinette seat, slide the captain's chair all the way forward to be as close to the dinette seat as possible, and then raise up their legs to rest their feet on the dinette cushion. We do this all the time with our very comfortable stock barrel chair.

This is also a good way, from a barrel chair or captain's chair, to watch a small portable TV screen (or computer monitor screen) that is sitting on the dinette table.
Yes, as I stated before, I use the dinette bench as an ottoman.

A person sitting in that 3rd captain seat has their own dining surface through utilizing the flip-up countertop across from the main entry door. It's not ideal, but works in a pinch.

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/21 06:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've never tried eating off the flip-out from the galley counter-top by spinning the barrel chair and then sliding it forward so as to be closer to the flip-out.

That might be a neat thing to try ... but it seems that the flip-out might be a bit too high for easy reach when sitting in the barrel chair eating. [emoticon]

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

ezgoin

Sunny Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/21 10:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cbigham wrote:

. Handling issues were easily solved by a few hundred dollars worth of suspension upgrades.

Curios as to what suspension upgrades you made. Could provide a little more info?

The older I get....the better I was.

Bill & Terry
And our canine kids, Skippy & Peanut
2014 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 30T
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/21 08:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is just one example that one of the members that has contributed to this thread did to address handling issues.

Suspension Upgrades

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

ezgoin

Sunny Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/21 06:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD,

Thanks for the link,

Bill

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/21 04:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ezgoin wrote:

IAMICHABOD,

Thanks for the link,

Bill

Your very welcome!

WinMinnie02

NJ

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/21 01:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like the Class C, Winnebago Minnie, 2002 because it had sleeping capacity for 2 kids and friends. Drives like a large van and I liked the Ford E450 V10, great power, never worried about MPG. If you are worried tenting is still fun [emoticon]. The class A has a larger view upfront which is a plus. It does get a little hot up front on the Class C but nothing to worry about, been driving the unit for 19 years. Maintenance on this unit is much easier since there is so much room. Overall the Ford chassis held up nicely over the years, engine and transmission still going strong. Pay attention to leaks but easy to maintain and repair. Hope you enjoy many more years RVing.

AJR

Close to Madison Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/21 07:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just my experience with my gas class A…

Driving south down to HWH for a leveler issue. Into the sun midsummer. I had the dash AC on high. I had the funky corner fans that blow on the window on. I had the big front window visors down. I had the generator on. I had the front roof top AC on and I was still not comfortable in the driver’s seat wearing sun glasses.

Great view but driving sucked.

In my current class C. The dog & I do well with just the dash AC on driving south midday in the summer.

Then there where the much higher cost of everything. Think tires, shocks or wiper blades. A heater vale cost over $120 because it was old. Anything that wears out costs more. The replacement of a transmission filler tub was about $800 because they had to do other things and do a full whatever before they did a refill on the Allison to do it right. Ford truck dealer in Madison WI.

None of the above with my class C.

2014 Leprechaun 290QB
Chevy 4500 6.0
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Considering move from class A to C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.