Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Electric bikes !!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Electric bikes !!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
austinjenna

Columbus, Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/21 05:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have 2 Aventons, no problems with them and love them. Just heading back from Acadia and up east where we put over 200 miles on them.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/21 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought 2 Pedego bikes. Not the cheapest, but does have a local dealer, which for us is worth it's weight in gold. For two asthmatics with bad knees they are a god send.

Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/21 11:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How does he have Ecotric Dolphin folding 20" when the only thing offered on the site is Pre-order?

I have been looking. We have a pair of 20 folding bikes that live under the dinette most of the time. I am not sure if I should buy built for, of add and electric front wheel.

Matt

Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dog (one is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/21 06:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This thread has me looking and it sounds like something I would enjoy.

But, I've never seen one around here and I wonder if they are legal on the local bike trails ???

The usually have a sign saying no motorized vehicles. Isn't this a motorized vehicle ?

MRC54

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/21 07:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is info online, some of it vague... But the consensus seems to be that Class 2 ebikes (pedal assist, throttle, 20mph max) are considered as normal bicycles. However, there are 5 states that consider any ebike as a motor vehicles.

My bike (Lectric) comes software limited to 20mph for this reason. With some software manipulation, top speed changes to 28mph.

2021 Keystone Alpine 3712KB
2009 Sierra 3500 DRW

Full timing starting May 1

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/21 03:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MRC54 wrote:

There is info online, some of it vague... But the consensus seems to be that Class 2 ebikes (pedal assist, throttle, 20mph max) are considered as normal bicycles. However, there are 5 states that consider any ebike as a motor vehicles.

My bike (Lectric) comes software limited to 20mph for this reason. With some software manipulation, top speed changes to 28mph.

Good to know.

wanderingbob

monticeeo, fla

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/21 08:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Matt Colie , we bought our bikes from Amazon , Ecotric had a waiting list , Amazon was the same price and arrived in 4 days !

kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/21 05:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CavemanCharlie wrote:

This thread has me looking and it sounds like something I would enjoy.

But, I've never seen one around here and I wonder if they are legal on the local bike trails ???

The usually have a sign saying no motorized vehicles. Isn't this a motorized vehicle ?

Ebikes are rated in specific classes.
I ride a class 1 which is pedal assist " must be pedaling " and are allowed on our mtnbike trails in VA.
I'm sure each state will vary.

Warning: don't test ride an Ebike unless you're ready to write a check.....amazing.

Land Yachters

Philadelphia

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/21 06:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While all of this ebike knowledge is watching this thread, I wanted to ask a related question. My wife and I have been on the road for the past 10 months or so and carry 2 regular bikes on a standard thule rack on the back of our toad. We want to get ebike for her but want to know how to handle rack for transportation. She has heavy Schwinn (around 40 lbs) that I hate to load on to rack, but wonder best rack for heavier ebike. We would get rid of her Schwinn so only need room for her ebike, maybe a trek Townie? and my Trek road bike.

Appreciate the input.

Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee

tensch

Long Beach, CA

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/21 08:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some RV friends of ours just got a couple E-bikes. I call them "cheaters" to their faces, but deep down I'm just jealous!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Electric bikes !!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.