Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Brake buddy- No action when i push brake
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> Brake buddy- No action when i push brake

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Kwebeq

Sherbrooke

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/21 09:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I install my classic brake buddy whit the wireless module.Green light on receiver in my motorhome.But nothing showing on the module hook to the brake buddy.I test the brake away system,pull the plug an i heard a sound signal.So communication is on.But when i push the brake of my rv,no reaction from the brake buddy.Any ideas of whit is wrong? Thank you.

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/21 10:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you know which is not working? The brakes or the signal? Have someone ride in the car and verify the brakes are or are not activated. Could it be you’ve set the sensitivity on the BB too high such that you have to slam on brakes to make it activate? I’ve exhausted my input!

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/21 10:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You have to be driving for the system to work, it works on G forces. So the harder you stop the harder the brakes engage. If you just coast to a stop with your foot in the brake it won’t actuate.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

wanderingaimlessly

Buggs Island lake

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/21 01:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

You have to be driving for the system to work, it works on G forces. So the harder you stop the harder the brakes engage. If you just coast to a stop with your foot in the brake it won’t actuate.

This,^^^ I bought the same unit, and if no motion in vehicle is sensed, no braking is needed or applied.

mike brez

Unknown

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/21 04:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

This,^^^ I bought the same unit, and if no motion in vehicle is sensed, no braking is needed or applied.

x2 on how it works. Throw it on the passenger floor of towed and take it for a ride.

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

mikestock

Vestavia Hills, AL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/21 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did as Mike Brez suggested and watched the cylinder activate as I applied the brake.

You need to carefully set it up when installing to make sure the brake light in the toad is just on the verge of lighting when you test it.

This is, of course, just following the set up instructions. Just holding the box after setup and tilting it forward tells you it's working if the rod extends.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> Brake buddy- No action when i push brake
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.