Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Chinese RV tires... holding up!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Chinese RV tires... holding up!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev
JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/21 11:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah... most of the current 16" G rated tire brands are made for the service trailer industry. Most are commercial grade all steel ply carcass tires and have became popular with rv trailer owners looking for a long trouble free service tire on 7k-8k axles. Their good for 60k-80k miles depending depending on type of use.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

WAM

CALIFORNIA

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/21 12:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Maybe further state the fact that since their introduction they have had ZERO reported non road hazard failures.

Tread may be thin but mine are dated 2017 and have around 20k and they may have lost 1/16" of the tread. Rubber compound plays a HUGE part in how long a tire lasts.

As previously posted I recently had two of them throw tread. Tire Rack would not warranty them, but Goodyear did. And quite fairly. I replaced them again with Endurance because I don't know of anything better. At least not small enough to fit my car hauler. Wish I could run 16's and get a lot more options. But I'd have to raise my fenders and maybe separate my axles a bit. Too much work.

2012 Ford F350/SD 4x4
Alpenlite 9.5 Cheyenne slide-in

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/21 01:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WAM wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Maybe further state the fact that since their introduction they have had ZERO reported non road hazard failures.

Tread may be thin but mine are dated 2017 and have around 20k and they may have lost 1/16" of the tread. Rubber compound plays a HUGE part in how long a tire lasts.

As previously posted I recently had two of them throw tread. Tire Rack would not warranty them, but Goodyear did. And quite fairly. I replaced them again with Endurance because I don't know of anything better. At least not small enough to fit my car hauler. Wish I could run 16's and get a lot more options. But I'd have to raise my fenders and maybe separate my axles a bit. Too much work.

That is still nothing for four years on the market.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Unobtanium

NY

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/21 04:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Zero reported non road hazard failures? Reported to where? Here or some other internet forum?. I had two that developed bubbles in the sidewalls which I don't think were caused by road hazards, and didn't report them to anyone other than the tire shop where they were purchased, which replaced them.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/21 07:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unobtanium wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Zero reported non road hazard failures? Reported to where? Here or some other internet forum?. I had two that developed bubbles in the sidewalls which I don't think were caused by road hazards, and didn't report them to anyone other than the tire shop where they were purchased, which replaced them.

The key word here is reported , sure there has been non road hazard failures , and they don't know this forum exists .

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Chinese RV tires... holding up!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.