Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Towing Honda CR-V with Pride scooter on the back
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing  >  All

> Towing Honda CR-V with Pride scooter on the back

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
mikestock

Vestavia Hills, AL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/21 04:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ivylog wrote:

I would be worried the hitch will eventually separate from the sheet metal. I would put it on the back of your Phaeton.

I can't haul it directly behind the Phaeton because that's where the CR-V has to go. I installed the 2" receiver on the CR-V hitch myself and there is no sheet metal involved. I have come up with a new plan to run the strap through the upper hinges for the lift gate. This takes away most of the bouncing although it has no effect on the axle load. I have been hauling the scooter for many miles but the bouncing has always bothered me, especially when towing the CR-V behind the RV. There is always some natural slack between the 2" hitch opening and the 2" tube. My intent is to stop this action.

F1bNorm

Gardena, CA

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/21 02:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been having similar thoughts. In my case, a CRV and a 100cc dirt bike. Whats encouraging is driving the CRV alone with the bike on a rack is fine. As a towd, I’m not sure. I have nightmares from trying to tow a small travel trailer with the bike on the back. As a possible solution, I’m considering a double, over and under hitch extension. Tow bar on the bottom, bike rack above. Total hitch weight and tow weight should be under max capacity.

Another possible option is to carry the scooter inside the CRV? I used to carry that same motorbike in my Oyssey because it was more secure from theft and weather.

* This post was edited 07/11/21 02:52pm by F1bNorm *

F1BNorm

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing  >  All

> Towing Honda CR-V with Pride scooter on the back
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.