Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Campground Rates
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Tvov

CT

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/21 05:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The "3 day minimum" is interesting... usually, when we've reserved campsites, it is "per night".

First time we ran into "per day" was at a county run campground in New Jersey.

So, for a weekend camping trip Friday-Saturday-Sunday, instead of paying for 2 nights, you pay for 3 days (no matter when you arrive or leave).

I don't know how common that is.

As to the price... well, this is Connecticut. I always expect to pay at least $50 a night if there are any hookups, with septic closer to $100.

mdcamping

CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/01/21 06:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^^^
Turning Stone in NY has a 3 day minimum, I think we have come across others but just don't remember them

Mike

07 Toyota Tacoma,Double Cab, Max Towing 6,500lbs GCWR 11,100lbs
2011 Jayco X20E, Pro Series 800lb Weight Distributing Hitch
Husky Sway Bar, Prodigy Electronic Brake Control
McKesh Mirrors.

Where we have camped

stripit

Prescott

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/21 09:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Was camping 75 away from Glaicer National park, stopped at a rv park very close to the entrance, asked about a site to fit my 40 ft MH? Nope none this year, and only 8 nights for next year, not all in a row, 3 days then 5 days in different months. I asked the rates? $197.50 per night at this years rate, but expect it to go up about 10% for next year. Decided I didn't need to return next year at rates like that. Will find another part of the country to visit.

Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/01/21 10:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Outside National Parks is always a special case. Major parks anyway. And the east side of GNP is worse than most since most of that land is indian reservation, not even any boondocking.

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

egarant

Mission Viejo CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/21 12:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My huge complaint is with government owned parks (usfs, blm, etc.) selling out to concessionaires. Instead of doing their job of running their campgrounds they sell out to the highest bidder for quick cash and leave us to the mercy of their own rules and regulations.

Like>>>>

It makes me furious when I have to pay extra to use the dump station when I am already paying full price for a campsite. (Canyon Ferry Lake & Strawberry Reservoir)

Or being told that my Senior Access Pass is only good certain days of the week or not good in double campsites. (Strawberry Reservoir)

I hate them.

* This post was edited 08/03/21 01:17pm by egarant *

2021 FORD F350 dually 4x4 with 4.30 gears
2013 Eagle Cap 950
480 Watts Solar, 2K Watt Xantrex Inverter, Reonogy MPPT Charge Controller, 250 amps of lithium batteries by LifeBlue

Mayor30

Pa

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/21 06:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We usually don't stay in commercial campgrounds for 2 reasons. 1 the high cost and 2 they jam you together. We much prefer state and federal campgrounds. And if you're 62 or older,the Senior Pass gets you a 50% discount on camping in all federal campgrounds ( National Parks, Army Corps of Engineers,BLM and Forest Service). We stayed at one in Arkansas that cost us $7.50 a night with water and electric! That was the cheapest but others are very reasonable.Usually Less than $20 a night with the pass. And they are nice campgrounds. Most we stayed at had at least electric hookups and some water and electric. A few have full hookups. The campgrounds are much more scenic too. State Parks vary depending on the state. Any where from $18 to $49 a night. So skip the commercial campgrounds and save money.

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/21 11:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mayor30 wrote:

We usually don't stay in commercial campgrounds for 2 reasons. 1 the high cost and 2 they jam you together. We much prefer state and federal campgrounds. And if you're 62 or older,the Senior Pass gets you a 50% discount on camping in all federal campgrounds ( National Parks, Army Corps of Engineers,BLM and Forest Service). We stayed at one in Arkansas that cost us $7.50 a night with water and electric! That was the cheapest but others are very reasonable.Usually Less than $20 a night with the pass. And they are nice campgrounds. Most we stayed at had at least electric hookups and some water and electric. A few have full hookups. The campgrounds are much more scenic too. State Parks vary depending on the state. Any where from $18 to $49 a night. So skip the commercial campgrounds and save money.

Federal campgrounds here in California tend not to have any hookups, so factor in regional differences.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/21 12:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Federal campgrounds here in California tend not to have any hookups, so factor in regional differences.

That's normal across the country, a few do, most do not.

moonlightrunner

USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/21 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

www.freecampsites.net

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/21 01:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

Quote:

That's normal across the country, a few do, most do not.

Some Fed CG's now have a section with E/W ... Vendors installed and run it and don't allow the senior discount. It gives discount on the site, but then adds $10 for E/W ... Tetons is one example, Everglades another. Altho we were in Tetons about six or seven years ago ... and Everglades three years ago. Not sure how either one is run now, or the fees.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.