Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Folding Trailers: Comments people make
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Folding Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Folding Trailers

> Comments people make

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
hokeypokey

xxx

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/21 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our A Liner gets some attention from other campers. Usually I offer to let them look inside & they’re surprised how much room we actually have - but I keep it minimal so it looks neater that way.
Often they say “how do you like that LITTLE camper” ? I’m tempted to say “how do you like your HUGE camper” ?
One guy asked if it LEAKS. He caught me off guard with that one but if someone asks that again, I’m going to say “No, does yours” ?

IB853347201

Eastern Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/21 06:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well if you're going to buy a small Aliner camper, then you have to expect most folks to question how it works out for you. I mean they are definitely cute but not for everyone.
We like our huge camper a lot! thanks for asking. (Although I would just call it larger, not huge)

2010 Suncruiser

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/21 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are always going to be those people who will never understand why everyone else doesn’t want the same thing they want or have. And yes, some will look down their noses at anyone who has “less” than they have. Those people simply aren’t worth your time. Give a simple answer and move along and let them be what they are.

Second Chance

Wherever...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/21 07:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BB_TX wrote:

There are always going to be those people who will never understand why everyone else doesn’t want the same thing they want or have. And yes, some will look down their noses at anyone who has “less” than they have. Those people simply aren’t worth your time. Give a simple answer and move along and let them be what they are.

Since we don't have a "Like" button on this forum, I'll just quote this and say, "I like it."

Rob

U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/21 07:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unless there is more to the story that you haven't shared, I think you are simply being oversensitive.

Compared to even a modest house, a big 40ft RV is a small living space, so one less than a quarter that size is legitimately tiny.

As far as leaks...you have an origami roof. It's a logical question regarding how how it keeps the water out.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/21 07:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kind of like some of the questions we get about our Smart car, it IS a small Mercedes believe it or not.

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/21 07:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did you get the "cozy" comment yet?

I have tent camped on a motorcycle, used a popup for years and now a travel trailer and heard plenty. You should feel sorry for those that are trapped in their self imposed world.

RetiredRealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/21 07:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ferndaleflyer wrote:

Kind of like some of the questions we get about our Smart car, it IS a small Mercedes believe it or not.

Yes, a Daimler product, built in France. Too bad they killed them in the US. Much like the A-liner, they serve a purpose in the marketplace.

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/21 07:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hear from popup and folding trailer owners that they often feel like second class citizens and think that owners of bigger rigs look down their noses at them. At the same time, if they move on to a TT or such, they call it an "upgrade".

I have a small folding trailer. I don't feel like a second class citizen. It works for me and that's all that matters. None of my camper buys have been an upgrade - they've just been what worked at the time.

If someone calls it little? Well it is. If someone calls it cozy? Well it is. Why take offense at the truth?

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/21 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

Yes, a Daimler product, built in France. Too bad they killed them in the US. Much like the A-liner, they serve a purpose in the marketplace.

They didn't kill them...they just never sold very well. They are still available and being updated for Europe.

As you say, they serve a purpose but that purpose largely doesn't exist in the USA. Their primary purpose is to be able to park in a tiny spot.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Folding Trailers

> Comments people make
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Folding Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.