Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: When to buy?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> When to buy?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
rlw999

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/21 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Johnny Hurryup wrote:

Everything has gone nuts. I bought a used 2019 Ford F 150 Lariat 18 months ago for $36k. Dealers are asking $42 to $48k for a used '19 now,

The crazy used car market may be nearing an end:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/01/used-car........high-prices-may-finally-be-dropping.html

Though I still think we won't see a big change in the used RV market until next summer (assuming COVID subsides by then).

wintersun

Monterey

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/21 01:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This past July there were more than 1 million visitors to Grand Tetons and Yellowstone which was a new record. With the delta variant and so many unvaccinated clowns walking around it is still far safer to travel by RV to recreation areas than to fly or take a cruise on a ship.

If you are looking to buy then decide which models work for your needs and continue to scan Craigslist and RVtrader and be ready to have cash in hand to make the purchase.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/21 02:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wintersun wrote:

With the delta variant and so many unvaccinated clowns....... far safer to travel by RV .... than to fly or take a cruise on a ship.

Clowns? Pot meet kettle I suppose...

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/21 02:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Especially as they give up their home or get evicted from the apartment. RV life could be the permanent solution for many. The cities will be lucky if most stay in campgrounds vs squatting on public streets.

Well, basically nooone has been evicted for about a year and a half now and the CDC(who now is a governing body I guess??) just extended the eviction moratorium AGAIN for "hard hit" covid areas.

There's a problem, but I don't think it really involves RVs.

WinMinnie02

NJ

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/21 03:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the one hand wait until things settle down but waiting may costs you up to 2 years of enjoying the RV life. I would do it now, never know what will happen tomorrow. I did not wait too long after 9/11 to commit. Still going strong with the 02 Winnebago. It comes down to you regardless of other great suggestions.

VA-Apraisr

glen allen, VA

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/21 03:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Funny, I paid $35k and put $10k into 4x4 for my 2004 Ford E450 back in 2005.....I could sell it easily today for $45k without a doubt (find another 28' RV with 4x4 already installed). Crazy market (just like real estate/vehicles) and agree, when it's time to pull the trigger, pull the dang trigger!! No one is guaranteed another day..... and some bargains can be found. Purchased a 2016 Ford Chateau 22E this week for my cousin with 10k miles on it in excellent shape for $40,000. I researched nationwide and nothing even came close in price.....2 hour inspection and snatched it up!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> When to buy?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.