Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Scott M

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/11/21 07:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am looking for an aftermarket Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) for our Class C (E-450). The motorhome did not come with a factory installed TPMS. Just looking to see shat people have had success using, since there are so many systems on the market. I was planning on adding extensions to the rear duals to get access without having to remove the wheel covers every time I want to check the pressure or add air. However, in thinking about that last statement, if I know the tire pressure, I don't have to remove the wheel cover to check it and would only have to remove the cover to add air and therefore may not need extensions.

2021 Entegra Odyssey 24B Class C on Ford E-450 Chassis with 7.3L V8

Dusty R

Charlotte Michigan 48813

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/21 07:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I keep it rather simple. I carry a pocket inferred thermometer, and check tire temperature when we stop, for a break.

reelcamper1

Palos Heights, IL

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/21 08:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been using the TireMinder Smart TPMS since 2017, which we monitor on our ipad in our tow vehicle. We LOVE it!

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/11/21 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While you are waiting search this forum for `tpms' and read the previous posts on this popular topic.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

ernie1

Sacramento,California,USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/11/21 04:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have what real camper has and it works out well.

rlw999

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/21 05:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dusty R wrote:

I keep it rather simple. I carry a pocket inferred thermometer, and check tire temperature when we stop, for a break.

The problem with that system is that you have to be very disciplined to check every tire every time you stop (especially in bad weather), and if you develop a slow leak while driving, you're not going to notice until your next stop (or the tire goes flat enough to notice while driving). A TPMS will report both pressure and temperature and warn you if either goes out of range.

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/11/21 08:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been very pleased with the performance of our TST 507 TPMS. The valve cap pressure/temperature sensors have easily replaced low cost batteries that typically last about a year. Since first installing a TST system on our previous motorhome in 2008 to our current motorhome, it has saved us from deflating tires a few times and alerted us to a hung wheel cylinder and a failing wheel bearing on our toad, easily saving us more than the cost of the 10-sensor system.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

EMD360

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/11/21 10:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just bought and installed a less expensive TPMS from Amazon. Blueskysea TS610 Solar TPMS Tire Pressur........re https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZJDW2VX/
Had a little trouble getting them tight enough to read. Could not use the locking washers. Had to remove the hubcaps. Not an easy job to pry them off. I decided to buy valve extensions but I was advised to replace the valves instead. But I’m trying extensions first. The display goes on the dash. I noticed the tires read about one psi less today than during the initial install. The valve extensions are longer than I wanted so I’m clamping them to the hubcaps for easy access.
It’s nice to see the psi from the dash. Part of the setup is alarms for low psi and high temperature. [image]

2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

jjrbus

FT Myers FL

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/21 10:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been using a less than $30 system on the rear 4 tires for a few years now. The cheap systems last about 2 years and are not NASA accurate but never fail to report a low tire.

I was able to use them without extensions until they changed the design just a bit. So as much as I dislike the extensions use them for the inside dual only and am confident the TPMS will report a extension failure/pressure loss.

I also use these on the wife's car as the factory system only reports a low tire, not which tire or how low.

alaskan-rver

Anchorage, AK

View Profile

Posted: 08/19/21 10:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EMD360 wrote:

...I decided to buy valve extensions but I was advised to replace the valves instead. But I’m trying extensions first...

Do not put extensions on rubber valve stems. The weight of the extensions will cause the valves to flex to the point that the valve pops off, giving you a tire blowout.

Been there, done that.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.