Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Just experienced our first Non-refundable campground
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Just experienced our first Non-refundable campground

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/14/21 06:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

capacitor wrote:

Wow, you guys are tough! I would have called and said I have a vehicle problem but I would be there the next day. Then call again and said I’m on my way. This way they can’t double book. To hell with them.

Which could be why they have the policy in the first place - because people wait until the very last second to cancel so the can't re-book the site.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

capacitor

California

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/21 06:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

He wouldn’t be canceling. They have their money and he has his site. Why are you so upset?

This thread should be closed!!

capacitor

California

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/21 07:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is like the flip side of the coin. I made reservations in February for 4 sites at Dorst Creek campground in the Kings canyon and think it was a federal park. The reservations were for first week in July. Two weeks before this date I receive an email stating that they had cancelled two of my sites and they would refund my CC with no cancelation fee. I called the park and they said there is a dangerous tree over those two spots. I said I need four so please cancel my other two and refund me the cost. They said no problem but there was a cancellation fee. I asked nicely why as there was no fee on the other two and all were made at the same time. They told me too bad. How about them apples!

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/21 09:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

capacitor wrote:

This is like the flip side of the coin. I made reservations in February for 4 sites at Dorst Creek campground in the Kings canyon and think it was a federal park. The reservations were for first week in July. Two weeks before this date I receive an email stating that they had cancelled two of my sites and they would refund my CC with no cancelation fee. I called the park and they said there is a dangerous tree over those two spots. I said I need four so please cancel my other two and refund me the cost. They said no problem but there was a cancellation fee. I asked nicely why as there was no fee on the other two and all were made at the same time. They told me too bad. How about them apples!

This is my point. I understand the cancellation policy.
But when covid, or wild fires or some event beyond the campers controls intercects with the plan some considerration should be given other than the standard line. Especially 3 weeks out when the site can be re booked!

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Just experienced our first Non-refundable campground
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.