Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Workhorse W24 (8.1L) fuel filter
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Workhorse W24 (8.1L) fuel filter

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
init6

Near Fredericksburg, VA

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/21 08:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I saw a few posts about this subject but the links given in those older posts no longer work. My issue is this - I'm having a hard time finding the older 2005 Workhorse W24 chassis (gas 8.1L) fuel filters. Seems like they no longer make them. I'm even having a hard time finder the adapter so that I can use a more common filter that has 1 input and 1 output port (mind has 1 on the input and 2 on the output side). I'm guess that third connection is a return line. ANYWAY, I did come across this adapter and I'm wondering if anyone knows if this thing will work with the 2005 Pace Arrow - W24's.

Here is the link for it.

https://www.wheelerfleet.com/product/filter-kit-fuel/26878

If anyone has any experience with this I would love to hear about it. I believe if I had this adapter I could then use a newer 2 connection filter. As cheap as it is I would just buy the thing and try it but because my RV is 800 miles away in storage and when I go back to try to get this thing running correctly I will only have 1 day to do it otherwise I will have to leave it there again. So I need to show up with the right parts.

Thanks in advance
Picture of the filter type I need to match is here ->https://www.ultrarvproducts.com/image/cache//catalog/Products/Workhorse/Fuel%20Pumps/W8006889-location-800x800_0.jpg

* This post was edited 08/17/21 07:39am by init6 *

2005 Pace Arrow 37c
Workhorse W-24 Chassis

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/21 09:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wix filter should be available at most O'Reilly auto parts.
Microgard O'reilly brand made by Wix

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

IB853347201

Eastern Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/21 06:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The fuel filter W8006889 at Wheeler fleet looks correct. it cross references to the Workhorseparts.com site. https://www.workhorseparts.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=W8006889&description=true

The original adapter that comes with the filter should still be in place on your Motorhome? you could just reuse it and buy just the filter?
https://www.ultrarvproducts.com/W0013351-Standard-In-Out-Fuel-Filter

2010 Suncruiser

init6

Near Fredericksburg, VA

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/21 07:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IB853347201 wrote:

The fuel filter W8006889 at Wheeler fleet looks correct. it cross references to the Workhorseparts.com site. https://www.workhorseparts.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=W8006889&description=true

The original adapter that comes with the filter should still be in place on your Motorhome? you could just reuse it and buy just the filter?
https://www.ultrarvproducts.com/W0013351-Standard-In-Out-Fuel-Filter

OH.... I was under the impression the original filter didn't have an adapter but was actually a 1 piece design. I haven't gotten a close up look at it yet.

init6

Near Fredericksburg, VA

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/21 07:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

enblethen wrote:

Wix filter should be available at most O'Reilly auto parts.
Microgard O'reilly brand made by Wix

Unfortunately these filters won't work without that adapter to go from 3 connections down to 2. That is the part I can't seem to find anywhere.

RLS7201

Beautyful Downtown Gladstone, MO

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/21 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Filter and adapter
Adapter part # WHG481FK

Richard

95 Bounder 32H F53
460/528 stroker
Web Master
MWPSchooners.com
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Rick Jay

Greater Springfield area, MA

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/21 11:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi,

(ON EDIT: You can probably skip this post and read my next one. [emoticon] )

Have you tried these folks: Luberfiner

Click on the W18/W20/W21/W22/W24 link and scroll down to the WHG481FK part link. I'm not sure if you can buy it from the website though. You might have to call. But if you type in your zip code, it'll show distributors nearby. Turns out, I have one in the next town over.

This company was mentioned from Oemy's Performance. Oemy's has been a long standing source of many Workhorse parts. Unfortunately, Oemy no longer makes his adapter, but does drop a name for Luberfiner above.

By the way, the original Workhorse/GM filter did have three ports on it. The adapter, which became available soon after someone figured out that the cheaper filter could be used if someone made an adapter, was available for purchase by Oemy by the time I needed my first fuel filter change. So I purchased it way back when (2005?), and I've been using it ever since.

Just make sure that IF you ever have someone else change the fuel filter to make sure they SAVE the adapter and use it on the cheaper fuel filter!!!!

Good Luck,

~Rick

* This post was edited 08/17/21 03:06pm by Rick Jay *

2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (24-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (20), 2 boys (21 & 18).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

Rick Jay

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/21 03:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

init6,

My apologies, I didn't follow your first link. THAT is the part you need. I just went to the link in your post and that seems to be to a company where you can buy it. I was able to put an adapter in my cart. I will say, from memory, that it is quite a bit cheaper than what they were going for back in the mid-2000's. You might want to purchase a spare, just in case someone accidentally throws away. Heck...I may order one...just in case. [emoticon]

I apologize for not following your link before I made the post above.

Good Luck,

~Rick

ON EDIT: I am going to order one for a spare, the shipping for under orders under $199 is $19.99. A bit steep, considering the size of the part. From what I remember, though, that plus the cost they're asking for the adapter is just about what they cost back in the mid-2000's.

On second Edit: OK...this post cost me about $150! LOL I HATE paying more for shipping than the cost of the part, so I added some filters and miscellaneous items to the cart to balance out the shipping charge somewhat. Weird, I know. Pay $150 instead of under $40. But that's how I roll! It's the principal of the thing! LOL

* This post was edited 08/18/21 05:06am by Rick Jay *

init6

Near Fredericksburg, VA

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/21 10:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All good Rick. I went ahead and ordered one and I'll try my luck in October when I get back to the RV.

Cheers

Rick Jay wrote:

init6,

My apologies, I didn't follow your first link. THAT is the part you need. I just went to the link in your post and that seems to be to a company where you can buy it. I was able to put an adapter in my cart. I will say, from memory, that it is quite a bit cheaper than what they were going for back in the mid-2000's. You might want to purchase a spare, just in case someone accidentally throws away. Heck...I may order one...just in case. [emoticon]

I apologize for not following your link before I made the post above.

Good Luck,

~Rick

ON EDIT: I am going to order one for a spare, the shipping for under orders under $199 is $19.99. A bit steep, considering the size of the part. From what I remember, though, that plus the cost they're asking for the adapter is just about what they cost back in the mid-2000's.

On second Edit: OK...this post cost me about $150! LOL I HATE paying more for shipping than the cost of the part, so I added some filters and miscellaneous items to the cart to balance out the shipping charge somewhat. Weird, I know. Pay $150 instead of under $40. But that's how I roll! It's the principal of the thing! LOL

Rick Jay

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/21 01:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

init6,

October should be about right. Here's the email I just received from their customer service:

"Good afternoon,

WHG481FK, filter kits are still on a national back order. Per the vendor, the delivery time has been pushed back to the end of October. We are trying to do our best to get these expedited for you. We apologize for the inconvenience but will continue to update you as we learn more.

Thank you"

I guess we just sit back and wait! LOL [emoticon]

~Rick

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Workhorse W24 (8.1L) fuel filter
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.