Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Workhorse W24 (8.1L) fuel filter
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Workhorse W24 (8.1L) fuel filter

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
init6

Near Fredericksburg, VA

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/21 01:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

** Quick update **

After ordering from Wheeler I got an email that the estimated 5 days to delivery wasn't going to happen due to the part being on back order. (same as you Rick) Which is what every other place on the web is saying. Looks like the part hasn't been made for a number of years. None of my local auto parts stores can get it either so I'm at a loss of where I can find one of these things (the adapter kit). The original filter has 3 connections and is not a removable piece on the end so I definitely need the adapter. The bad thing is my window of opportunity to go pick up my RV is a single day in October so I would like to buy one before then so that doesn't hang me up again.

2005 Pace Arrow 37c
Workhorse W-24 Chassis

Rick Jay

Greater Springfield area, MA

View Profile

Posted: 08/19/21 01:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

init6,

Hopefully you don't NEED the fuel filter. Is the rig still running? If so, that takes a bit of the pressure off.

I ordered a couple to keep on hand...just in case. I like to carry spare filters of all types as I travel, and I don't want to be stuck someplace because my adapter failed. Or perhaps somebody removed and disposed of my filter/adapter combo without my permission.

Hopefully they'll be available soon and you can "get 'er done!".

Those of you who have Workhorse motorhomes might want to check to see which fuel filter you have on your rig and/or whether an adapter has been installed. If you have an adapter installed and bring your rig in for service, make sure they don't toss out the adapter. If you have an original style fuel filter with the 3 ports on it, you should order one of these adapters as the original style fuel filter is no longer available.

~Rick

2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (24-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (20), 2 boys (21 & 18).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

ac1021

michigan

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/21 08:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just received an email from Wheeler Fleet. They have a replacement for the adapter. It's Wheeler Tru-fit. Item 2903-0000. I had the workhorse part on order through them and was told I could cancel the backorder and substitute this one. Its about $22.

Now all I need are catalytic converters!! Rotten thieves.

init6

Near Fredericksburg, VA

View Profile

Posted: 10/03/21 08:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ac1021 wrote:

I just received an email from Wheeler Fleet. They have a replacement for the adapter. It's Wheeler Tru-fit. Item 2903-0000. I had the workhorse part on order through them and was told I could cancel the backorder and substitute this one. Its about $22.

Now all I need are catalytic converters!! Rotten thieves.

Yea I got the same email. Guess the original part is nearly impossible to get.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Workhorse W24 (8.1L) fuel filter
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.