Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: RV Refrigerators Cooling Issues
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> RV Refrigerators Cooling Issues

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Surgtech94

Midwest

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/21 01:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the information and advice.

We’ve been in contact with a repair tech from the dealer. He had us try it on propane.. Didnt work, then had us unplug it inside the fridge to see if it to bypass the thermostat and work on a timer situation. Sorry if I’m not saying it correctly. But that’s not working either. Going to call them back and see what we’ll need.

Yes, the fridge has worked sporadically. Worked fine first camping trip in May, then every trip it was something, when we plugged in it at home, it wouldn’t work, then once we got to campground and plugged it in, it would work. Dealer looked at it after June trip, they plugged it in and it got cold and worked perfectly for them.

TT is brand new, picked it up April this year.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/21 02:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is the refer in a slide room? Doug

Surgtech94

Midwest

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/21 02:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There’s a slide for the table, but the refrigerator isn’t in the slide.

Dusty R

Charlotte Michigan 48813

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/21 04:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a class C mh.
I glued a round level next to the driver on the engine cover. And often get the mh level just by moving a few feet this way or that way, when we first park on a camp site.

Jethroish

Scottsburg, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/21 06:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thermoguy wrote:

I have a friend with a 2 year old RV with a Norcold fridge. He is expressing the same problems you are. He had it in the shop, they had it working fine. Took it on a trip, we were there with him, same problem. He has a thermostat and it never got below 53 degrees. Has to bring an ice chest with him to keep food cold. He has had it out only a few times, but always the same problem. Turning it all the way down, he can get it to start to get cold, but then never gets cold enough. His freezer works fine, just not the fridge.

His solution is to remove the fridge and put in a Dimetic. I think there is just a problem with this Norcold fridge and it's not repairable.

I have a 2021 Jayco with Norcold (NOTCold) 12v fridge. Worked great on the last trip in Sept. First of Oct, it was not getting cold. I have an appt with service dept, but when talking to them on the phone, the tech is pretty sure it needs replacing. Lights work and you can hear the fan running. Sitting level and plugged into 30amp.

Don't let your work become your life.
2018 RAM 3500 Dually 4x4 crew cab,
2015 Shadow Select 4 horse LQ w/slide out
2021 Jayco JayFlight SLX 264BH

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> RV Refrigerators Cooling Issues
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.