Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: 400 mile electric RV
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

 > 400 mile electric RV

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 25  
Prev  |  Next
3 tons

NV.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/13/2009

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/11/21 08:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

You think I'm exaggerating about the impact of new green laws?https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Cali........tually-ban-gas-powered-lawn-16522118.php
More health issue than green.


In reality it has very little to do with health, and much more to do with the Orwellian impulse to constrict individual rights ….In this particular incarnation, the leveraging of one’s ‘eco-guilt’ (a reactive impulse) equates to open acceptance and conformity of what is the official disseminated narrative (minus supporting science)…This is why there’s little to no public interest to determine and demand the ‘supporting science’…Nothing whatsoever new here, historically a well practiced tactic that’s been devised in various forms to achieve otherwise unachievable agendas, but to the subsequent regrets of the many…”Where’s the call for the supporting Science?? - Subsidies are the paths necessary to quell these demands - incentives today, edicts tomorrow…

3 tons

* This post was edited 10/11/21 08:53pm by 3 tons *

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

Senior Member

Joined: 06/01/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/11/21 08:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No more chainsaws to fuel wood stoves. If I lived there I would probably go to jail after converting a stove to burn anthracite coal.

Soon there will appear TESLA LANES in Sacramento allowing legislators and master planners freedom from miring with the wogs.

time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 10/11/21 09:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

3 tons wrote:

time2roll wrote:

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

You think I'm exaggerating about the impact of new green laws?https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Cali........tually-ban-gas-powered-lawn-16522118.php
More health issue than green.


In reality it has very little to do with health, and much more to do with the Orwellian impulse to constrict individual rights ….In this particular incarnation, the leveraging of one’s ‘eco-guilt’ (a reactive impulse) equates to open acceptance and conformity of what is the official disseminated narrative (minus supporting science)…This is why there’s little to no public interest to determine and demand the ‘supporting science’…Nothing whatsoever new here, historically a well practiced tactic that’s been devised in various forms to achieve otherwise unachievable agendas, but to the subsequent regrets of the many…”Where’s the call for the supporting Science?? - Subsidies are the paths necessary to quell these demands - incentives today, edicts tomorrow…

3 tons
I personally have experienced the fumes and it bothers me enough that I am concerned for my health. No way would I take a leaf blower job.
Likewise I have long since tolerated the noise and I am glad there is a quiet solution.

But keep up on those conspiracy theories. That foil hat should continue to protect you from progress.


2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 10/11/21 09:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

No more chainsaws to fuel wood stoves.
You mean no more stinky polluting chainsaws that damage hearing and annoy anyone in proximity.
Chainsaws without gasoline are well established. Do yourself a favor and get one.

time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 10/11/21 10:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Timmo! wrote:

time2roll wrote:

I wonder how many at Princeton have solar on their roof and drive an EV.....
Hmmm, if 27 acres provides only 5-6%, then at this rate, around 500 acres would be required to supply 100%.

This study says roof solar could do it all.

https://theconversation.com/solar-panels........e-electricity-demand-new-research-169302

Bumpyroad

Virginia

Senior Member

Joined: 12/01/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/12/21 07:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Timmo! wrote:

time2roll wrote:

I wonder how many at Princeton have solar on their roof and drive an EV.....
Hmmm, if 27 acres provides only 5-6%, then at this rate, around 500 acres would be required to supply 100%.

This study says roof solar could do it all.

https://theconversation.com/solar-panels........e-electricity-demand-new-research-169302


We found that we would only need 50% of the world’s rooftops to be covered with solar panels in order to deliver enough electricity to meet the world’s yearly needs.

Gee "ONLY" 50%
bumpy





Timmo!

South-central Oregon...on the river

Senior Member

Joined: 03/10/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/12/21 07:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Homey,

I agree that solar panels on roof tops is a good answer....IF, they are manufactured smartly. Of the top 10 solar panel manufactures 6 are based in China, 2 based in SE Asia (Japan & Korea), 1 based in Canada, and 1 based in USA. Of course here in the PNW, not all roofs receive significant sunlight--compared to So Cali.

https://solarpowernerd.com/top-solar-panel-manufacturers/

If a solar panel is manufactured using electricity generated from coal (China), how "green" is it? Are there "greener" options?

Wouldn't it be nice if every consumer product identified that amount of carbon emissions produced during manufacturing. Kinda like my drum beat for "carbon parity" and "mileage breakeven" information for BEVs.

Caveat emptor.

time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 10/12/21 09:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Timmo! wrote:

Of course here in the PNW, not all roofs receive significant sunlight--compared to So Cali.
With all your hydro in the PNW maybe you could do with less solar. And certainly if SoCal produces all that extra power there are already transmission lines that could export electricity north instead of the PNW sending power down to CA.

Time get busy. There is really no reason to wait.

time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 10/12/21 09:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Timmo! wrote:

If a solar panel is manufactured using electricity generated from coal (China), how "green" is it? Are there "greener" options?
You remind me of the guy that can't fix anything because he has no workbench. And no workbench to build a workbench.

Timmo!

South-central Oregon...on the river

Senior Member

Joined: 03/10/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/12/21 10:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Timmo! wrote:

If a solar panel is manufactured using electricity generated from coal (China), how "green" is it? Are there "greener" options?
You remind me of the guy that can't fix anything because he has no workbench. And no workbench to build a workbench.


Nah, a value based consumer. If I'm going to pay a premium for a particular "benefit", then I want to make sure I maximize the value of that "benefit".

In other words, if reducing carbon emissions is the "benefit", then I want make sure one of the qualities is very low low carbon emissions during it's entire lifecycle (manufacture -> use -> disposal).

Some people focus strictly only on "use" and disregard the mountain of carbon emissions produced by greedy, profit-driven Chinese factories (manufacture)...and what winds up in our landfills, aka Mother Earth(disposal).

I look at the entire cost: monetarily and socially, cradle to grave.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 25  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

 > 400 mile electric RV
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.