Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Not much posting
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Not much posting

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
d1h

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/12/21 08:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Doesn't seem like there is much posting going on in this forum anymore. I can remember the days when it seemed like there were dozens of posts everyday in almost every category.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/13/21 05:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some have moved on to other forums, some have just moved on, some are no longer with us and I think some got fed up with a few of the snarky people on here. Add the fact that this format is not really that user-friendly and it's a formula for less users ergo less posts.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/21 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Agree. I see new members making their first post asking for help with choosing a rv or tow vehicle. Always have the same culprits who don't reply to the OP but want to argue with others that do want to help ...and takes the OP thread off topic. Many times the new member never make a 2nd post. I can't blame some the way a few members are allowed to bash him and others.

And some members may actually be camping.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/21 07:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A lot have moved to facebook camping groups. And as mentioned above,they get off topic within 4 or 5 posts.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/21 08:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sometimes posters get pretty adversarial on certain subjects (probably just human nature). This can cause a thread to be deleted if it goes too far. In addition, such behavior may cause others to leave the forum. As for me, I don't mind a disagreement on a topic as long as it remains a discussion and not an out and out name calling argument, which doesn't lead to anything positive. [emoticon]

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

memtb

Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/18/21 08:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mr. ed wrote:

Sometimes posters get pretty adversarial on certain subjects (probably just human nature). This can cause a thread to be deleted if it goes too far. In addition, such behavior may cause others to leave the forum. As for me, I don't mind a disagreement on a topic as long as it remains a discussion and not an out and out name calling argument, which doesn't lead to anything positive. [emoticon]

The threads don’t have to go too far!!! Often some overzealous, overly sensitive moderators close a thread long before it starts to get out of hand! Yes, perhaps it may have or even likely would have....or perhaps some of our moderators are clairvoyant!
Over the years, good informative or entertaining threads were closed when there were no obvious arguments or insults being started!

I, for one approve of thread moderation......just not overly moderated! JMO. memtb

Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/21 09:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are not 'clairvoyant'. However, with over 16 years of experience watching posts and posters, we, moderators, find it is not difficult to know what topics and/or posts by certain members will quickly go downhill, or create unnecessary arguments and flaming of other members. Fortunately most members follow the rules. [emoticon]

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/21 10:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some of us are still hanging around tho', enjoying the party.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

memtb

Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/18/21 10:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am in total agreement.....to a point. However, there are certain members that that consistently inject flagrantly antagonistic comments, to intentionally start a disagreement......which invariably happens. This causes the moderators to close the post. So......those of us that wish to remain civil and continue the conversation are stopped by those few that have “heartburn” over the topic. Thank You! memtb

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/21 01:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What gripes me a lot is when someone decides to reply with baloney on a subject that is bases on science. I get the impression that some people give equal credence to hearsay as they do to science. It's happened to me. I've been warned about being argumentative.
HOWEVER, I've realized that you can't get any scientists who will serve as moderators. It's a problem alright.

* This post was edited 09/18/21 04:00pm by an administrator/moderator *

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Not much posting
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.