Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: Voltage Dump Valve Replacement
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Modifications & Accessories

> Voltage Dump Valve Replacement

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/21 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting in that I have electric dump valves and would prefer manual valves. I belong to a forum where all the trailers have electric valves and some have switched to manual. I hope they have improved their reliability since mine were installed.

nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/21 03:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Durb wrote:

Interesting in that I have electric dump valves and would prefer manual valves. I belong to a forum where all the trailers have electric valves and some have switched to manual. I hope they have improved their reliability since mine were installed.

Funny, was just thinking how I'd like electric too. The cables were routed poorly on mine (imagine that) and are hard to pull/push, just waiting for the day one fails. Speaking of that need to do some PM on these.

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/21/21 08:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nayther wrote:

Durb wrote:

Funny, was just thinking how I'd like electric too. The cables were routed poorly on mine (imagine that) and are hard to pull/push, just waiting for the day one fails. Speaking of that need to do some PM on these.

Mine have become less reliable. I put on a Twist On valve when it was new just in case. It’s paid for itself many times over.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/21/21 10:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nayther wrote:

Durb wrote:

My valves were made by Wastemaster and are now thirteen years old. I spent numerous times laying on my back with a 1/8" hex key to operate them manually (not in the best conditions). I found the rocker switches were weak and kept too much voltage from the valves. I replaced the switches and offered up more voltage from a lithium battery. This, and consistent tank cleaning protocols have them working 100% of the time recently. They are nice when they work.

hvac

Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/21 06:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have manual on our ATC. I find using the valve lubricant by Thetford makes a big difference on both valves. Also, no coffee grounds in the grey tank keep it working better as well.

msmith1.wa

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/21 05:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I assume your valves are hidden inside the belly and not visible. I would open it up and look to confirm the sizes. My rig is from a different manufacturer
than yours, but both valves on mine are 3". I recently replaced the pull cables on mine.

2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 8.1l
2016 Evergreen Amped 28FS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Modifications & Accessories

> Voltage Dump Valve Replacement
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.