Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Battery Disconnect Switch ??
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Battery Disconnect Switch ??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
kioticoachman

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/18/21 09:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobndot wrote:

Make sure the connections on the relay solenoid are clean. The solenoids are not expensive, i would buy a new one and try it. Its a common enough fix in these systems, if that doesn't help, keep it as a spare. Its a good part to have on hand.

I'm presuming that the relay solenoid, you mentioned, is located in the battery compartment under the step to the right with the cable connections.

Had a SC moment ... Maybe this might help, and I should of mentioned this before but with the generator running the battery connect switch will activate. However the DC/Coach power does not activate otherwise.

Will check this out further ... Thanks for the suggestion.

LittleBill

Scranton, PA USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/21 09:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kioticoachman wrote:

bobndot wrote:

Make sure the connections on the relay solenoid are clean. The solenoids are not expensive, i would buy a new one and try it. Its a common enough fix in these systems, if that doesn't help, keep it as a spare. Its a good part to have on hand.

I'm presuming that the relay solenoid, you mentioned, is located in the battery compartment under the step to the right with the cable connections.

Had a SC moment ... Maybe this might help, and I should of mentioned this before but with the generator running the battery connect switch will activate. However the DC/Coach power does not activate otherwise.

Will check this out further ... Thanks for the suggestion.

is this a new issue? otherwise sounds like the solenoid switch is wired to the wrong side of the solenoid, sounds like its getting power from the converter side, when it should be powered by the battery side.

kioticoachman

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/18/21 09:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

enblethen wrote:

Another way to test is to put a volt meter, set to 20 volt DC scale, between the two small terminals, have helper hold switch in one position. Meter should read voltage either positive 12 volts DC or negative, then have helper hold in other position. Meter should read 12 volts DC with opposite polarity.

After the switch is removed there will be the two small terminals you mentioned. That will tell me I should be getting 12 volts DC both ways? Positive and Negative. Good idea ... I'll see what I can do by myself. Thanks for sharing.

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/21 07:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There should be two wires providing the 12 volts to a six pin switch. two wires leave switch going to latching relay. the opposite corner spins on switch should be connected together.
You can do it at relay small posts

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Battery Disconnect Switch ??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.