Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Hybrid Travel Trailers: SUV for pulling hybrid
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> SUV for pulling hybrid

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
jbanks1005

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/21 03:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you so much everyone for all your valuable feedback! I really do appreciate it!

Campersam9

Bucks County

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/21 06:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife and I plus two English Setters are tight in this but we make it. We spend three months in Florida every winter. Do not get a hybrid. Stay with a bunk model trailer. Our kids grew up in a travel trailer every summer. Today they are getting one they just purchased a Large suv with a v-8. Take the weight of people pets and gear and look how much weight you have there. Don’t purchase a new trailer they are problems on wheels. Buy used.

bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/21 11:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Campersam9 wrote:

My wife and I plus two English Setters are tight in this but we make it. We spend three months in Florida every winter. Do not get a hybrid. Stay with a bunk model trailer. Our kids grew up in a travel trailer every summer. Today they are getting one they just purchased a Large suv with a v-8. Take the weight of people pets and gear and look how much weight you have there. Don’t purchase a new trailer they are problems on wheels. Buy used.

Have you ever owned a hybrid?
We did for 10 years and loved it. We sold it after we retired, only because our camping lifestyle changed. We still miss its openness and sleeping under canvas.

Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

parker.rowe

Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/21 06:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've been towing our Hybrid for the past 6 years with late 90's Suburbans.

Starcraft 239TBS, about as big as a hybrid gets. 6500lbs GVW.

First a 1500, now moved up to a 2500 version. 1500 did fine, but there were some hills that would slow us down to 45 or so. Don't forget, this is with trucks that are almost 25 years old as well.

My FIL tows the same sized hard side with a Ecoboost Ford Expedition, and used an 04 Tahoe before that. He also had a hybrid (Roo 233) he towed with the Tahoe for a few years.

If you make sure it has a real tow package, you should be fine. 2500/3500 Passenger vans are also a great fit if you don't want 4wd. I've seen a few family's using the Nissan NV's to tow campers in our travels.

2015 Starcraft TravelStar 239TBS 6500 GVWR
1997 GMC Suburban K2500 7.4 Vortec/4.10
1977 Kawasaki KZ1000

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> SUV for pulling hybrid
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.