Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Oregon to charge 25% more for out of state RV campers
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Oregon to charge 25% more for out of state RV campers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev
down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/28/21 08:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We won't be returning to the current Disney World. As A Disabled Vet, i think I might get a discount but still too high. In Yellowstone, Teton area, Jackson Hole particularly, if you don't RV, first week of September we paid about $450.00 plus tax per night. Didn't matter if it was older40sand 50s motel or the Hilton. Prices were fixed and motels not full.
Not being Daddy Warbucks we do have have a budget.
In Michigan some County and Municipal parks have gone the next step no one but Michigan Residents or the County Residents in RV Parks on Lake Michigan.Perfectly ok but out of state forget some choice lake access.

Timmo!

FYJB! Yep, FYJB!

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/28/21 11:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As someone spent most of my life living in that void just south of Oregon and north of Mexico (now live in Oregon) over the past 30 plus years, we have camped at practically every campground in the Eastern Sierras...I can honestly say, the handful of Oregon state campgrounds we have visited are far superior than any state campground we stayed at in So Cali.

So, is having a quality weekend worth paying a small premium? My goal is quality recreating.

But if one's goal is to pay the least, then BLM has got you covered.

See, everybody happy.

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/21 02:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And oregon state parks do have discounts:
not sure what fee if any for out of state but active military on leave or service connected disabled vet's camp for free for up to 10 days/month in RV or tent sites (not yurts)

foster parents camp for free up to 14 days/month. for active military, disabled, foster parents.

The above do need to pay for extra vehicles etc. but still it is great to see the support for military and foster parents.

https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index.cfm?do=visit.faq#discounts

We've camped all over the west and midwest in state, federal, county BLM, and dispersed campsite. The oregon state parks are well kept up and located near many of the things we do outdoors. They vary from full hookup campgrounds all the way to no hookups but vault toilets and water nearby.

If you don't want to pay out of state fees, GREAT!!!! better chance I will be able to get a reservation on short notice!! Thanks to those who based on the out of state fees decide NOT to visit oregon.

Oregon also has lots of county campgrounds that are nice as well.

2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Timmo!

FYJB! Yep, FYJB!

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/21 08:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well said brutha!

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/21 08:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ktmrfs wrote:

And oregon state parks do have discounts:
not sure what fee if any for out of state but active military on leave or service connected disabled vet's camp for free for up to 10 days/month in RV or tent sites (not yurts)

foster parents camp for free up to 14 days/month. for active military, disabled, foster parents.

The above do need to pay for extra vehicles etc. but still it is great to see the support for military and foster parents.

https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index.cfm?do=visit.faq#discounts

We've camped all over the west and midwest in state, federal, county BLM, and dispersed campsite. The oregon state parks are well kept up and located near many of the things we do outdoors. They vary from full hookup campgrounds all the way to no hookups but vault toilets and water nearby.

If you don't want to pay out of state fees, GREAT!!!! better chance I will be able to get a reservation on short notice!! Thanks to those who based on the out of state fees decide NOT to visit oregon.

Oregon also has lots of county campgrounds that are nice as well.

x100%

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Oregon to charge 25% more for out of state RV campers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.