Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Best Four Season Travel Trailer
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Best Four Season Travel Trailer

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
canoe on top

Denver, CO, US

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/21 01:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know that catalytic heaters have a lot of safeguards but, they still consume oxygen.I have friends that use them although they turn the off when they are sleeping. I have never been a fan of combustion inside other than the stove while cooking. I leave one or more ceiling vents open slightly to deal with condensation. I would not consider that adequate to replace consumed oxygen.

Skibane

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/21 03:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^Yes, catalytic heater manufacturers typically recommend a 2"x 12" (or similar 24 square inch) opening for ventilation.

Being completely silent in operation and not requiring any electrical power more than make up for this inconvenience.

rbpru

North Central Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/02/21 03:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The bottom line is if you want 4 seasons. You want heated tanks, double glass windows and other weather related changes. They cost money.

Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/02/21 09:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a 25' Bigfoot and used it in 100+ and just below freezing. I can't say their insulation is super but they are tight and don't swap much air with the outdoors. The nature of their interior design reduces the cubes which make them fast to heat and cool. Moisture mitigation is something to be cognizant of because they don't breathe well. This could be why Bigfoot does not recommend them for full time use. Their frames are massive and the roofs are solid so snow buildup wouldn't be a problem. Lot of foul weather security knowing the roof won't leak.

If you buy used, your cost will be high. You will be able to sell it high on the back end so net cost of ownership is low. Sold mine for what I paid, used it 5 years for just maintenance costs.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Best Four Season Travel Trailer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.