Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Pet peeve, neighbors leave porch light on
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Pet peeve, neighbors leave porch light on

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Next
DC&MC

formerly of Keizer Oregon USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/21 01:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This drives us crazy. Nice night and we’d like to leave windows open for air but are forced to close shades tight because of a porch light aiming right at us. You’d think in the close quarters of most RV parks that people could be more considerate

2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2011 Ram PU
2012 Victory Cross Country mtc
From wherever we happen to be

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/21 03:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This well-beaten dead horse will no doubt garner many responses, but thanks for reminding me that I meant to disconnect the LED outside light on the driver’s side because I discovered it likes to turn itself on automatically at times (thanks to computer controlled lighting systems). As with my light, which I didn’t notice until walking the dogs in the dark because the light shines away from our coach, maybe they simply forgot to turn it off, as opposed to people who string lights around and under their RV and light them up.

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

craig7h

Branson MO area

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/21 04:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am with you on that 100%. I hate to turn the porch light on to take the dog out.

Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

Unobtanium

NY

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/21 04:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Get a 2M candle power spotlight and return the favor. They may get the hint, or maybe not.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/21 05:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m also amazed at how many people have no idea what each switch does. And instead of turning off the switch because they don’t see anything they leave it on. This is not a new to the person RV, but you can clearly tell they’ve had the rig for a while!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/21 05:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How about those 5th wheels with the V shaped LED lights on the nose... very annoying

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

mdcamping

CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/21 06:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had an similar issue with a neighbors light that was shining through our tent end when we were tuning in for the night. I politely asked them turn off the light as they were fine with it. problem solved.

I'll put up a string of lights, I just unplug when I turn in, notice most other folks do the same, no worries.

Mike

07 Toyota Tacoma,Double Cab, Max Towing 6,500lbs GCWR 11,100lbs
2011 Jayco X20E, Pro Series 800lb Weight Distributing Hitch
Husky Sway Bar, Prodigy Electronic Brake Control
McKesh Mirrors.

kfp673

PA

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/21 06:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mdcamping wrote:

Had an similar issue with a neighbors light that was shining through our tent end when we were tuning in for the night. I politely asked them turn off the light as they were fine with it. problem solved.

I'll put up a string of lights, I just unplug when I turn in, notice most other folks do the same, no worries.

Mike

I think this type of polite communication is key, but it is important to remember it is a 2 way street. My family (kids included) are night people. So if your "turn in" time is 9 or 10, I'm sorry but my light is staying on. 11 or 12 when we go in and they 100% go off. Everyone should be flexible, but also willing to communicate. Now if a neighbor leaves it on all night (we have all forgotten and done it), a quick reminder and I'm sure 99% will say no problem.

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/21 06:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Of course lights are 100% acceptable when you are out and active. When you retire for the night just turn them off.
Don't understand why folks like light. Darkness is our friend. I like it when the bad guys bang their shins and trip over stuff trying to get to my gear. Why should I light the way to their paradise?

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/21 06:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ill agree , most people dont even know there lights are on and bothersome. Always ok to go and explain it to them. When i had a pop up it was more bothersome then. Any light would light up the bed ends. Some of the fith wheels have lights on all sides, and they have no idea they are even on.

2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Pet peeve, neighbors leave porch light on
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.