Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Pet peeve, neighbors leave porch light on
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Pet peeve, neighbors leave porch light on

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/21 03:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mooky stinks wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

But is one camper's habit of leaving their outdoor light(s) on all night the campground's environment? Or is it an individual camper's idiosyncrasy?

For me, I would say follow the lighting protocol of the campground. So, if the campground has no artificial lighting then leaving a porch light on all night would be a no-no. If there are lights outside the restrooms that are on all night, then a porch light would be reasonable. If there are "street lights", then additional lighting would be acceptable.

And the campground may have different sections that differ in what's acceptable. A campground I visit often is like that. When you drive in, there is a long stretch with full hookup sites and "street lights". Around a corner is a loop with just electric and water. This loop has no " street lights" but has an outdoor light at the restrooms. Another section is dry, but has the outdoor bathroom light. The loop I stay at is dry, no "street lights", and a vault toilet with no lights at all. Across the road are three group sites with varying degrees of lighting.

If someone came to " my" loop and left their porch light on all night, I'd take issue. But it'd be fine in the other sections.

I can’t believe what I just read
Seemed pretty straight forward and reasonable. Can't wrap your head around that?

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/21 05:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boondocking eliminates all these issues.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

mooky stinks

Cicero,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/28/21 05:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

mooky stinks wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

But is one camper's habit of leaving their outdoor light(s) on all night the campground's environment? Or is it an individual camper's idiosyncrasy?

For me, I would say follow the lighting protocol of the campground. So, if the campground has no artificial lighting then leaving a porch light on all night would be a no-no. If there are lights outside the restrooms that are on all night, then a porch light would be reasonable. If there are "street lights", then additional lighting would be acceptable.

And the campground may have different sections that differ in what's acceptable. A campground I visit often is like that. When you drive in, there is a long stretch with full hookup sites and "street lights". Around a corner is a loop with just electric and water. This loop has no " street lights" but has an outdoor light at the restrooms. Another section is dry, but has the outdoor bathroom light. The loop I stay at is dry, no "street lights", and a vault toilet with no lights at all. Across the road are three group sites with varying degrees of lighting.

If someone came to " my" loop and left their porch light on all night, I'd take issue. But it'd be fine in the other sections.

Seemed pretty straight forward and reasonable. Can't wrap your head around that?

What I’m wrapping my head around is there’s a bunch of controlling (at least trying) bullies that try to dictate what’s acceptable (to them) of what you can and cannot do in a campground that they don’t own and that has no rules against. If you want to control every aspect of the night in a campground, do everyone a favor and either stay home or camp out in the desert. If seen enough in my lifetime of camping to know when someone is just an *******. For example “if someone came to “my” loop”. and also earlier in the thread “I’ve got the right to swing”. I’d welcome anyone to my door to ***** about a porch light(btw, I don’t even have one). I’d be willing to bet it would be “lights out” for one of us. I hope I dumbed it down enough for ya.

2020 F150 XL Screw 4x4 6.5”box
3.5 ecoboost Max tow HDPP
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

2020 Cougar 29RKS 5th wheel

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/21 05:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why don't you tell us all how you really feel. [emoticon]

Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/21 06:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

10 pages about something that is silent. Lmao.

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/21 06:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BTW, don’t camp in Alaska in the summertime.

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/28/21 06:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First, I used MY in quotes to simply distinguish that I meant the loop I prefer that has no lighting versus the other loops that have outdoor lighting, not that I consider it my property to control.

Second, my comments were a suggestion not a demand.

Third "I've got the right to swing" was NOT my comment.

Fourth, you seem to be quite bossy about what is acceptable and what is not on a forum that you don't own and has no rules against. Perhaps you are doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing.

Suggesting that folks consider how the campground is or isn't lit at night and using that as a guide as to whether or not you should light up your site all night is not being a bully.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/21 06:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stonehenge

[image]

Stoned Whinges

[image]

You've got to admit, the resemblance is uncanny. [emoticon]

[emoticon][emoticon]

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/21 06:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mooky stinks wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

mooky stinks wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

What I’m wrapping my head around is there’s a bunch of controlling (at least trying) bullies that try to dictate what’s acceptable (to them) of what you can and cannot do in a campground that they don’t own and that has no rules against. If you want to control every aspect of the night in a campground, do everyone a favor and either stay home or camp out in the desert. If seen enough in my lifetime of camping to know when someone is just an *******. For example “if someone came to “my” loop”. and also earlier in the thread “I’ve got the right to swing”. I’d welcome anyone to my door to ***** about a porch light(btw, I don’t even have one). I’d be willing to bet it would be “lights out” for one of us. I hope I dumbed it down enough for ya.
No problem, plenty of dumb in that post.

mooky stinks

Cicero,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/28/21 07:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Both responses are what I expected from keyboard tough guys. The constant monitoring of this thread from both of you confirms exactly what I stated. Thanks for the laugh

* This post was edited 09/28/21 07:39pm by mooky stinks *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Pet peeve, neighbors leave porch light on
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.