Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Catalytic converter anti-theft
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Catalytic converter anti-theft

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/27/21 02:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tell the muffler shop you need a skid plate to protect the converter from damage.
This may redirect the mischief to an easier target.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/27/21 02:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thefts around Phoenix and border areas of catalytic converters and anything that wasn't tied down was rampant 2019 when we visited a relative. and on the way out at a campground on the outside of the Interstate outside Albuquerque, that very subject came up between visitors a fellow RVing couple and us.
here in the southeast I'm sure it goes on a lot in the big cities but here in the woods..not so much.

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/21 02:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Really? I am 20 mi from town and 4mi from closest neighbor but a church is 3mi up the road and has had the cats stolen off of their bus twice. Sitting in a well lighted car port. Thieves and drugs are in the country also. But those 2 big white dogs do a pretty good job of keeping thieves at bay here, no market for drugs here either.

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/27/21 05:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

An area car dealer lost a couple of dozen cats in one night a couple of years ago. A surveillance camera across the road showed four guys armed with a floor jack, battery powered saws, and a lawn cart, dropping them out with the precision of a NASCAR pit crew. In and out in about 30 minutes. They did get caught though, when the camera at another business showed them loading their spoils into a pickup with the license plate in clear view.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/21 07:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Google catalytic converter anti theft device.

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/21 07:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch my up North place is on Aviation blvd at BWI airport in Baltimore, many years ago they got 200+ out of the long term parking lot and got away clean

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/21 08:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The best thing to do is to slow them down by building a cage around it. If they are committed they could still get it off. But, if you make it look harder for them to do maybe they will move on to a easier one.

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/28/21 06:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have insurance. I also live in an area where crime is not rampant,we have excellent laws that demand positive ID and photographs for every pawn shop or scrap yard transaction.
Feel bad for the majority of you that seem to be living in fear of the next crime.

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/28/21 08:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ferndaleflyer wrote:

Really? I am 20 mi from town and 4mi from closest neighbor but a church is 3mi up the road and has had the cats stolen off of their bus twice. Sitting in a well lighted car port. Thieves and drugs are in the country also. But those 2 big white dogs do a pretty good job of keeping thieves at bay here, no market for drugs here either.

Different areas. We use to and will in the future encounter thieves who cruise though here to doings, the lakes etc, in the summer and come back to take advantage of the opportunities. Our Church is rural too, and a few years ago it became necessary for some Church members to carry, watch the doors and the parking lots during services. I don't remember how many vehicles were broken into. Around here Law Enforcement are neighbors and friends and a call is answered almost immediately. There is always someone home here otherwise we might be victims as twice our Leo and the Sheriff caught burglars in the act before we bought the place. As to staling the cats the sawsall will make some noise, the dogs the dogs already letting the world know.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/21 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

"Illegal to sell cats in California...for just that reason."

Interesting, I wonder why friends had theirs removed from their MotorHome in a Desert Hot Springs Storage area if there is no regional market.

It's also illegal to sell heroin, but it happens.

It’s ok, some people can’t see the forest for the trees or just thrive on being intentionally antagonistic.
Ahem…..jdc1…

And then we have the “I don’t have crime at my house, what’s your problem?” folks.
Ahem….pitch….

Sooo helpful these fellers are….

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Catalytic converter anti-theft
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.