Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Do I Want to Break Down Solids?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Do I Want to Break Down Solids?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
frankwp

Calgary, AB, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/21 11:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A agree that chemicals other than plain old water are not needed on a regular basis. Prior to the last trip of the season home, I fill the tank about half full & pour a couple of cups of low suds liquid laundry detergent & then dump & rinse close to home.

As for not breaking down solids, the "technician" clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. I have a clear elbow on my hose & the only thing I've seen that's remotely solid is the occasional shred of TP. Poop breaks down very quickly just by sitting in the water for a few hours.

2010 Cruiser CF30QB
2003 GM 2500HD, crew cab, SB, 8.1, Allison

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/21 11:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So thinking about "pancake batter" - the more water I put in it, the thinner it gets so the only answer is to use lots of water. That plus gravity will empty the contents of your black tank regardless of solids being broken down or not. After emptying, use the built in tank sprayer or one of those wands. The only time I put anything in my tanks is while in storage. As for the tank sensors, well those are never right and I never give them much attention.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Do I Want to Break Down Solids?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.