Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Ever hear of this camping company? Harvest Host
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Ever hear of this camping company? Harvest Host

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
MRC54

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/21 06:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This topic has come up many times in the last 6 months and is a true YMMV.

For us, we use both Harvest Hosts and Boondockers Welcome (now the same company, but keeping things separately). We've only full-timed since April, but have gotten our moneys worth. We normally use Boondockers for a one or two night stop while we're going from point A-B. We've had multiple stays with both, and every experience has been very positive. We prefer Boondockers because most places we have the option to stay multiple nights, and many have hookups. We just finished a six night stay in Centuria, WI at a 'hobby farm'. Super friendly folks, 50 amp power, and water. We visit an aunt in Luck, WI., just 10 minutes away. We're already planning another trip next spring.

We have a five night stay near Pensacola reserved with a Boondockers. Full hookups (dump on site but not at campsite). Most Boondockers Welcome sites that have hookups do ask for a donation, usually $5-$15/nite. More than worth it.

2021 Keystone Alpine 3712KB
2009 Sierra 3500 DRW

Full timing starting May 1

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/13/21 06:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

I do agree completely with your #2 issue. Why they would hide the locations makes zero sense. They give some BS answer about the businesses wanting privacy but what business wants to hide from potential customers.

As a ‘grandfathered’ HH (Boondockers Welcome) member and host of two different sites I can tell you there’s numerous very good reasons for keeping the exact location confidential until a member & a host connect.

First and foremost, abuse, people showing up late, unannounced and often belligerent. I had space for several RV’s at my airport that one of the tenants took upon themselves to publicize. In one case I had to jump in the car and drive there at 10pm because 2 RV’ers (family travelling together) who had made arrangements showed up to find 4 toy haulers already there and a bunch of 20 somethings sitting around a campfire (in my parking lot !!) and telling them to go somewhere else, in a less than polite fashion.

I had to have LEO show up because they didn’t believe I was actually the owner and that they’d had a few cold adult beverages and so couldn’t drive. They were of the opinion that an airport must be public property. The LEO’s assured them it was private property and that they were trespassing.

I have heard from others I know who host at their farm or business of other (but more minor) issues also. Previous ‘guests’ coming back unannounced was the primary one.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Ever hear of this camping company? Harvest Host
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.