Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Host, Eagle Cap, Lance Suspension Requirements
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

 > Host, Eagle Cap, Lance Suspension Requirements

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
mkirsch

Rochester, NY

Senior Member

Joined: 04/09/2004

View Profile



Posted: 10/15/21 07:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's the deal, there's no "magic" involved. It's all about weight. If one camper weighs 5000lbs and another camper weighs 5000lbs, one camper is not going to need suspension upgrades while the other one does.

Lance 1172 vs Host Cascade, they are not even close to the same camper. The Host is a smaller lighter camper by almost 800lbs.

Regardless of what you buy, it is not going to create a dangerous situation out of the box. You can load it at the dealer, take it home, even take it on a trip or two, and figure out what suspension modifications you need. Don't try to guess at what you might need. All the suspension mods do is level out your truck.


Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

toddb

az

Full Member

Joined: 07/21/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/15/21 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

toddb wrote:

Skip the band aids and go to kelderman.


And you’re buying? Lol.


I already did [emoticon]

wjlapier

Washington

New Member

Joined: 02/18/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/29/21 10:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We ordered the Host Everest. Due for delivery April 2022. For now, we will have the Torklift tie downs installed with stableloads. Drive home ( over Snoqualmie Pass ) and see if we need anything else.

Our trips are mainly to the Tucannon area, the St Joe River in Idaho, and Babb, Montana.


2017 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 HD Duramax
2019 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/29/21 11:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toddb wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

toddb wrote:

Skip the band aids and go to kelderman.


And you’re buying? Lol.


I already did [emoticon]


I’m sure the OP is very grateful for your gesture…


2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/29/21 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wjlapier wrote:

We ordered the Host Everest. Due for delivery April 2022. For now, we will have the Torklift tie downs installed with stableloads. Drive home ( over Snoqualmie Pass ) and see if we need anything else.

Our trips are mainly to the Tucannon area, the St Joe River in Idaho, and Babb, Montana.


May as well get a big sway bar while your at it.

Go put 2 pallets of bricks in the back and see how much it sags. Bout the same weight as the camper, except the campers center of gravity will be considerably higher. Same amount of dead load compression. A lot more live load body roll.

Geo*Boy

Unknown

Senior Member

Joined: 04/27/2020

View Profile






Posted: 10/29/21 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

wjlapier wrote:

We ordered the Host Everest. Due for delivery April 2022. For now, we will have the Torklift tie downs installed with stableloads. Drive home ( over Snoqualmie Pass ) and see if we need anything else.

Our trips are mainly to the Tucannon area, the St Joe River in Idaho, and Babb, Montana.


May as well get a big sway bar while your at it.

Go put 2 pallets of bricks in the back and see how much it sags. Bout the same weight as the camper, except the campers center of gravity will be considerably higher. Same amount of dead load compression. A lot more live load body roll.

Going to need the sway bar and a whole lot more to carry the Everest comfortably/safely.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

 > Host, Eagle Cap, Lance Suspension Requirements
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.