Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Puzzled by Refrigerator Problem
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Puzzled by Refrigerator Problem

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
opnspaces

San Diego Ca

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/21 05:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

rfloyd99 wrote:

Eddie, there was SOMETHING not working right. the little flame I could see was not the main burner. When the main burner is on you can see a bigger flame, and also can hear the "roar" of the full combustion.

MT Bob, hope you're right and it'll work for the next month (or several years!) I'm making a big note about the fuse trick.

Anyway, I went back out an hour or so after it finally fired up and it's still working. Keeping my fingers crossed....

I do hear a roar on the water heater
But NEVER on the refrigerator. NOT once it is a small flame only 300-400 watt equivlent.

YOu might need to clean the burner orifice.. But See if it gets cold..

I can hear my refrigerator making a small roar when I walk buy the outside access panel. In a really quiet camp spot I can sometimes barely discern it sitting inside the trailer. It's not a roar like the water heater, but it is a minute distinct roar.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

stevenal

Newport, OR, USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/21 01:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had two campers in my life, and both had regulators that were improperly set until I adjusted them. Either get a manometer, or find an RV servicer with one.

'18 Bigfoot 1500
Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/26/21 08:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I understand what you mean by a roar I can hear mine also when I turn it on. If you have not cleaned the burner tube in 6 years I would do than first. Not only do rust flakes fall down from the chimney on the tube blocking the slots reducing the flame but very fine rust gets through the slots and will build up inside the tube and will reduce the flame size also. It is very easy to remove and clean and at the same time clean the orifice with alcohol. I vacuum mine out every season.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Puzzled by Refrigerator Problem
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.