Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Changing a tire yourself
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Changing a tire yourself

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/27/21 11:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I once had a flat on one of the rear duals that I discovered on my Class C while it was sitting in my back yard just before heading out on a trip.

I called our traveling friends to wait up for us and then called my AAA ERS. They said that "they didn't service flats on dual tire sets" !!!!! (huuuuhhhhh?)

I canceled AAA (after being with them for decades) and never looked back. I now have an ERS that is all about RV road service -> Coach-Net. (They're comprehensive - so they also function as an ERS provider for our pickup and sedan.)

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/21 09:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am 63 years old and not made of muscle, yet I have only a little trouble managing our 2007 E350 steel wheeled tires. I weighed one on our bathroom scale which came to 83 pounds. I replaced 4 of the 6 steel wheels with Alcoa alloy wheels which weigh 20 pounds less making them 63 pounds each.

Our 6 ton bottle jack that came with the rig is easy to manage but hard to pump up without adding an 18" gas pipe. I once thought of upgrading it with a 12 ton jack until I seen the size and weight of it. It is way more than our 24 foot long E350 rig requires.

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

crawford

Dandridge Tenn.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/31/21 11:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pnichols wrote:

I once had a flat on one of the rear duals that I discovered on my Class C while it was sitting in my back yard just before heading out on a trip.

I called our traveling friends to wait up for us and then called my AAA ERS. They said that "they didn't service flats on dual tire sets" !!!!! (huuuuhhhhh?)

I canceled AAA (after being with them for decades) and never looked back. I now have an ERS that is all about RV road service -> Coach-Net. (They're comprehensive - so they also function as an ERS provider for our pickup and sedan.)
this is because you didn't have AAA-RV which covers it but cost most then just AAA

Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Changing a tire yourself
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.