Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anybody else have bad issues with RV Value Mart?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Anybody else have bad issues with RV Value Mart?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
mkenyon2

Lebanon, PA

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/21 11:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry if this sounds a bit like a vent session. Maybe it is.

We're looking to find a trailer, and have a limited budget. Found this one:
https://www.rvvaluemart.com/product/used........2006-starcraft-antigua-305qbs-1623698-29

It's under our budget, and looks nice inside. They say:

Quote:

Needs a little TLC and exterior detail to make it nice for the price-Sold AS-IS

But they had no more details on their page. (Still don't at time of posting this.) I emailed them for a few more details, and a few days later I got this:

Quote:

The 2006 Starcraft is still available. To see pricing and detailed information, please see;

https://www.rvvaluemart.com/rv-search?s=true&stocknumber=starcraft

Please let me know if you would like to take a look at it.

I know I'm not looking at the shiny new BIG MONEY trailers, but doesn't seem like they're even trying.

MK out of PA and My Wifey
TV: 2011 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD (V6 3.5L/213)
Trailer: 2013 Heartland Trail Runner 25 SLE

We've only camped in 2 states? Quick, pack the trailer we have to CAMP!

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/21 11:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

everybody email, texts, whatever.. NOBODY ever just calls and speaks face to face anymore.. Nobody just Shows up and looks.... give them a call and ask about it... strike up a conversation....Good things may come

Not sure its worth calling it a bad issue?

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

mkenyon2

Lebanon, PA

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/21 12:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe you're right... I wasn't feeling great this AM. Perhaps I'm just used to doing everything through a keyboard.

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/21 12:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FTG is right, as you now realize. When dealers have units online, they get many online inquires. They can't spend too much time on follow up, until the potential customer shows real interest. Talking with you, they get a better feel! They can determine if you are even a qualified buyer. Telling them you will be paying cash, will light their bulb!

Jerry

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/21 12:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey mkenyon2,

They probably aren't going to spend a lot of time with you discussing a $6k trailer.

Is this very far from you? Can you swing by and see it in person?

Are you experienced enough to inspect it yourself to figure out all of the options and see where the bodies are buried? If not, search for a mobile tech in your area and see if you can hire him/her to spend an hour or two going through the rig for you. It would be money well spent, plus it might give you some negotiating points.

It's a sellers' market right now, so there's no telling how much time they'll be willing to spend with you on this sale.

Good luck! [emoticon]

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/21 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Buying a RV is a highly up close subjective and personal thing.

Keyboard buying is remote and impersonal, photos tend to lie and misrepresent the actual condition.

Ads are placed to entice you to go see it in person.

If it close enough to you, go and see it in person then make your choice.

Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/21 03:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Their comment "Sold As Is" is a Red Flag. Do you feel Lucky? It could be a good deal with only minor work required or it could just turn into a "Money Pit On Wheels".
Go look at it if close enough and maybe bring along an RVing friend for another set of eyes.

2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/21 05:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MK,

It was undoubtedly a trade-in. The sales people won't make jack on this deal. They need it off the lot to make space for more profitable things.

There are not many pictures that show ceiling, and the one where the A/C is has some shadows. If those are water spots, don't just walk away, RUN!!!

You need to go and see this and it would be even better if you could take a friend that has had bed experiences with RVs with you. 6K$us is barely worth hiring an inspector, but you should ask and you might get one.

I hope it works out for you.

Matt

Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dog (one is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/21 05:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IF you hire an inspector for the RV, do not let the seller recommend one. Find your own ... Best place to ask, an RV park nearby. The RV park will recommend one that needs repeat business for the RV people, not the dealer. JMHO [emoticon]

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/21 06:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

by the way, now that I'm not looking on my small phone screen, I see that the cabinets look like they may have water damage on the top of 1 of the left doors.??? Its the picture with the AC in the shot....

Can't 100% tell from a pic

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Anybody else have bad issues with RV Value Mart?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.