Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anybody else have bad issues with RV Value Mart?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Anybody else have bad issues with RV Value Mart?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Beverley&Ken

Tottenham,Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/21 10:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked through their website at other “AS IS” units and they ‘seemed’ to be upfront about, water damage, delamination, soft spots etc. If you are close enough for a personal visit, to get a hands on touch, see and smell (musty moisture). You will have a better idea if you want to proceed further, hire an independent inspector to check for hidden damage from leaks etc, operation of appliances and potential repair costs.
Yes picture shows the exterior does need TLC, a lot of elbow grease, but what else hasn’t been taken care of. Tires, brakes and wheel bearings.

Ken

2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/21 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Never heard of them until now. Many years ago I used RV trader to find my TT with great results for over 12 years until I sold it for a good price to RV dealer.

aguablanco

Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/23/21 11:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it is close enough go and look at it. If you still like it offfer $4K and work from there. Retail, according to NADA, is $5750. Be sure to inspect the roof and look for any water damage.
RichH

2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/21 12:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Michelle.S wrote:

Their comment "Sold As Is" is a Red Flag. Do you feel Lucky? It could be a good deal with only minor work required or it could just turn into a "Money Pit On Wheels".
Go look at it if close enough and maybe bring along an RVing friend for another set of eyes.

Red flag? It’s 15 years old. Advertising it with any sort of warranty would actually be a red flag! Lol.

That said, the original question is a bit silly. If you’re interested in buying a used (vehicle/ RV/etc), why wouldn’t you make your best initial assessment and go look at it in person?
It is not for sale on Amazon and this is not an issue that the internet can help you with.
If it’s a solid candidate verify in person.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Cristian123

Phoenix, USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/21 01:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I prefer addressing only the trusted and biggest companies. I can suggest checking the General RV service. This is the nation's largest family-owned RV dealer with several offices in different states. If you have doubts, it is always possible to find and read the general rv reviews by link, I'm sure a lot of people use their services.

* This post was edited 11/20/21 03:22am by Cristian123 *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Anybody else have bad issues with RV Value Mart?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.