Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Good Sam ERS Hung Us Out to Dry
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

 > Good Sam ERS Hung Us Out to Dry

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Brandon the Traveler

SC, NY, PA, WV

Full Member

Joined: 10/14/2021

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/24/21 08:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ACZL wrote:

Sadly, I cannot say GS ERS has done nothing bad by us anytime we've needed them. Wether it be lock outs, tows, wheel changes they have always been good. To add to the problems w/ ERS companies, some good, some bad but none are truly 100% great.

OP should write a letter to what's his name that owns CW/GS to see what he says and report back.



That would be a waste of time and perfectly good ink.
Hint......Once he has your money he doesn't care. It's the same in the entire RV Industry no matter what it is. Folks just keep taking it though so it will never change.


I went.

TXiceman

Full Time RVer

Senior Member

Joined: 11/17/2000

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 10/24/21 09:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We dumped GS ERS several years ago over an issue with a flat tire on the dually. They got there in a reasonable amount of time and then I was told if I wanted to add air to my spare, which was extra and not covered by GS. After he left, I called GS and cancelled them.

Ken


Amateur Radio Operator.
2013 HitchHiker 38RLRSB Champagne, toted with a 2012, F350, 6.7L PSD, Crewcab, dually. 3.73 axle, Full Time RVer.
Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

toedtoes

California

Senior Member

Joined: 05/17/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/24/21 11:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TXiceman wrote:

We dumped GS ERS several years ago over an issue with a flat tire on the dually. They got there in a reasonable amount of time and then I was told if I wanted to add air to my spare, which was extra and not covered by GS. After he left, I called GS and cancelled them.

Ken


Did GS verify that airing up the tire was not covered?

When I had one of my trailer tires blow, the service truck came out and put on the spare. But he didn't have an air compressor to inflate it. Fortunately, I had just bought one and had it with me. As I found out that the spare needed to be underinflated to fit on the holder, I always have the air compressor in the suv.

P.S. glad to see another parrot enjoying the RV lifestyle! My Mexican red-headed amazon loved it. My new amazon is taking her first trip next month.


1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

Joined: 09/12/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/25/21 11:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Oakman,

We sincerely apologize for the frustrating experience you had when calling in for assistance. We set a very high customer service standard and always want to make sure we are providing that across the board.
I wanted to reach out to let you know our office has received your concerns, and I have sent this over to the correct leadership team requesting that they review your service call to determine what went wrong, to ensure this does not reoccur.
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of this issue, and for giving us the opportunity to assist with having this addressed.

larry cad

ohio

Senior Member

Joined: 05/23/2004

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 10/26/21 04:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Sam Care Team wrote:

Hello Oakman,

We sincerely apologize for the frustrating experience you had when calling in for assistance. We set a very high customer service standard and always want to make sure we are providing that across the board.
I wanted to reach out to let you know our office has received your concerns, and I have sent this over to the correct leadership team requesting that they review your service call to determine what went wrong, to ensure this does not reoccur.
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of this issue, and for giving us the opportunity to assist with having this addressed.


Hopefully the rest of us will hear the outcome too.


Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Brandon the Traveler

SC, NY, PA, WV

Full Member

Joined: 10/14/2021

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/26/21 06:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

larry cad wrote:

Good Sam Care Team wrote:

Hello Oakman,

We sincerely apologize for the frustrating experience you had when calling in for assistance. We set a very high customer service standard and always want to make sure we are providing that across the board.
I wanted to reach out to let you know our office has received your concerns, and I have sent this over to the correct leadership team requesting that they review your service call to determine what went wrong, to ensure this does not reoccur.
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of this issue, and for giving us the opportunity to assist with having this addressed.


Hopefully the rest of us will hear the outcome too.


Don't hold your breath.

Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

Senior Member

Joined: 01/19/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/26/21 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My buddy recently had a blowout on his 5th wheel and he sat on the side of the road for 4 hours waiting for his roadside assistance. No one was willing to take the call. The contracted tow companies have a choice to accept the call or not. My guess, tire changes are not worth the time and effort for the amount of compensation.


Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk


Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

Joined: 09/12/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/26/21 10:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Super_Dave,

Thank you for your time and post, please have your friend contact us. We will look into this situation further.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Customer Care Team

toedtoes

California

Senior Member

Joined: 05/17/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/26/21 11:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Super_Dave wrote:

My buddy recently had a blowout on his 5th wheel and he sat on the side of the road for 4 hours waiting for his roadside assistance. No one was willing to take the call. The contracted tow companies have a choice to accept the call or not. My guess, tire changes are not worth the time and effort for the amount of compensation.


^This

With RA services like Good Sam and Coachnet, not only do they have to get a tow company to accept the job, but if it requires being towed to a repair shop, they have to get a repair shop to take the job. They are not necessarily the same same busines.

With AAA, since they don't make repair shop arrangements, they only have to get the tow company on board.

Neither is better than the other, but one may be more effective than the other in a specific situation.

nhake01

Florida

New Member

Joined: 04/19/2021

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/26/21 11:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had very good service with GS RA recently in Georgia. An inside rear tire blew out on our MH while we were in a campground. Called GS RA at 7:30 pm on a Sunday night. The service rep. put us in touch with their contracted tire repair service (Tire Rescue Service) and the new RV tire was installed at the campground by 9:30 am the next morning. Most RA's contract with third party service providers, so that can cause issues and delays. All RAs are at the mercy of the contract service parties.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

 > Good Sam ERS Hung Us Out to Dry
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.