Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Medicare
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Mr. Pinky

Northern California Foothills

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/21 09:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Of all the con men (and women) who participate in this attempt to scare, and take advantage of, seniors, I am most disappointed in George Foreman. I have been a big fan of him and his boxing skills and admired him for his values and being a family man for years.

Sometimes I think if I hear the biggest con man of them all, Joe Namath, say "it's free!!!! one more time, I will throw something at the tv.

If you have real strong glasses and a magnifying glass also, you can see the notice at the bottom of the page: "call to speak to a licensed insurance agent"

THERE OUTTA BE A LAW

"STUFF" HAPPENS, GET OVER IT

wanderingbob

monticeeo, fla

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/21 06:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You mean to tell me that I am not gonna talk directly to Joe Namath !

FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/21 07:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just changed plans. I did it in the grocery store in on of those booths. I learned more about plans in 15 minutes then I did all these years those annoying commercials.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/21 08:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been with a provider for several years. Now (this time of year) we get these phone calls from who-knows and from where ever wanting me to sign up with them.

I am now very practiced at shutting off the "on a recorded line" spiel with the statement that I do not do any business over the phone with people I do not know from somewhere unknown. No, I will not confirm my address, you called me. Send me the information as hard copy, we will review it and if interested, we will contact you. Good By.

I actually had one call back from the same blind number and try again.
I was not cordial.

Matt

Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dog (one is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

ryegatevt

New Hampshire

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/21 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Except for Local News I watch very little TV. A good book, magazines, and Kindle which I read on my iPad, as well as all the Internet has to offer on that device are all the entertainment I need. Except for getting outside when the weather allows…

monkey44 wrote:

wa8yxm ... [emoticon] [emoticon]

And, I just bought a new Kindle - with your mind in the right place, reading will take you anywhere you want to go, without commercial interruption.

Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.