Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Best way to sell the coach
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Best way to sell the coach

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
two travelers

Smithtown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/24/21 06:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've put in an order for a Winnebago View and will be selling/trading in our RV. I've seen adds in RV magazines for people/firms saying they buy RV's. Has any one used these? Do they offer more than trading in at a dealer.

* This post was edited 10/25/21 01:31am by an administrator/moderator *

mleekamp

Washington, IL

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/21 07:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The ads for companies buying RV's are wanting them wholesale, not retail. I'd avoid them if at all possible. Your best bet, if you want to sell on your own, is RVTrader.com. I've sold there and on craigslist.

If you want to sell now, go to a dealer. Have a few of them give you their buy price. Knowing they are going to pay wholesale, not retail, is important.

You could also go to the dealer you ordered your new rig from. Get them to buy it now to make your new RV paperwork that much easier...and cleaner.

2019 Jayco Redhawk 29XK Class C, Ford V10 E450 with Roadmaster Hitch Mounted Spare Tire holder, Bigfoot Hydraulic Leveling

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/21 08:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

List it on Facebook Marketplace. Sold our 5er there in 2 days to first person to inquire. Had 20 plus more inquiries before I could mark it sold.

Sandia Man

Rio Rancho, NM

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/21 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You will gain the most resale value if you sell it yourself, if you don't want to hassle with it many dealers offer consignment if you find trade in value too low. In decent shape, RVs are still selling pretty briskly, appropriately priced it will no doubt go quickly. Good luck on selling your old rig, and congrats on your new Winnebago, may it be all you wish for and more.

Brandon the Traveler

SC, NY, PA, WV

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/21 09:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wouldn't sell what I currently have until the new one was in the driveway with the shenanigans the RV Industry is involved in today. Dealers don't have build dates, the factories are not providing them. If a dealer gave you a date good luck.

I went.

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/21 09:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Craigslist, RV Trader, Offer Up, Nextdoor Marketplace.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/25/21 01:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My buddy just sold his 12 year old TT for 3k more than it was worth on Facebook marketplace... AND it was the 1st person to come and look... within 12 hours of posting

He had 6 or 7 others that wanted to come look that same night...

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Brandon the Traveler

SC, NY, PA, WV

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/21 02:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

My buddy just sold his 12 year old TT for 3k more than it was worth on Facebook marketplace... AND it was the 1st person to come and look... within 12 hours of posting

I would do the same with my 2017......except.....................

To order new takes anywhere from who knows to who knows. One dealer says minimum of 20 to 24 weeks, another says a year +, none will guarantee anything. So sell out and possibly not have one come March or April. No dealer I can find will hold any pricing while your waiting, even after hand money (NON REFUNDABLE BTW) is down should the manufacturer throw out a price increase, which they are doing quite regular now days. New rigs of all flavors are up 30% to as much as 50% above pre Covid values. Supposedly RV Wholesalers will hold the pricing once you commit, but I have not seen the actual verbiage or document.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/25/21 02:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Brandon the Traveler wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

I would do the same with my 2017......except.....................

To order new takes anywhere from who knows to who knows. One dealer says minimum of 20 to 24 weeks, another says a year +, none will guarantee anything. So sell out and possibly not have one come March or April. No dealer I can find will hold any pricing while your waiting, even after hand money (NON REFUNDABLE BTW) is down should the manufacturer throw out a price increase, which they are doing quite regular now days. New rigs of all flavors are up 30% to as much as 50% above pre Covid values. Supposedly RV Wholesalers will hold the pricing once you commit, but I have not seen the actual verbiage or document.

Well then, don't sell yours ….. The OP asked for suggestions on selling an RV...

PS - no reason to work with a dealer that will not honor pricing on a signed order... just my opinion....
BTW- great name - LET'S GO BRANDON ! ! ! ! [emoticon][emoticon]

wallynm

Los Alamos NM

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/21 03:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I learned, in a time long long ago that time forget, that in order to make a deal you needed a willing seller and a willing buyer. This assumes no duress by either party. The seller did not get more than it was worth and who knows if he had waited for the other buyers to make an offer he may have received even more $$$$$$. He may have received more than he thought it was worth or some agent said it was worth.Facebook is the most insidious application in the world!

ford truck guy wrote:

* This post was edited 10/25/21 03:43pm by wallynm *

Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Best way to sell the coach
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.