Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Observations from the road
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Observations from the road

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/21 04:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are out and about for the first time since the outbreak of Covid.

There seems to be double the number of trucks on the road. Those truckers have a lot of places to shut it down for the night fuel and eat. They need more places to rest for the night or to just take a break.

Campgrounds are plentiful but reservations are best even if made just a few hours before arrival.

The price of fuel is up.

This is a beautiful country.

* This post was edited 10/26/21 06:04pm by bgum *

stickdog

Somewhere, USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/21 05:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had the jab no need for a mask unless your contagious. II'm a member of the old farts club but believe in science.
Traveled through and camped in 27 states many of them multiple times both before the jab and after.
Want to wear a mask, wear it. Want to pratice social distancing, pratice it.
Live your life the way you want. I'll live mine and travel while I can because there is only a limited time to do so covid or no covid.

* This post was edited 10/26/21 05:17pm by stickdog *

9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

mdcamping

CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/26/21 05:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not disagreeing with anything but... reservations have been brutal. My favorite spot at Assateague SP in Maryland I normally would have a day or 2 to reserve when the reservation window opened a year before. Now I had seconds. Similar problems with a few other parks. [emoticon]

X2 on a beautiful country

Mike

07 Toyota Tacoma,Double Cab, Max Towing 6,500lbs GCWR 11,100lbs
2011 Jayco X20E, Pro Series 800lb Weight Distributing Hitch
Husky Sway Bar, Prodigy Electronic Brake Control
McKesh Mirrors.

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/21 05:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bgum wrote:

We are out and about for the first time since the outbreak of Covid.

There seems to be double the number of trucks on the road. Those truckers have a lot of places to shut it down for the night fuel and eat. They need more places to rest for the night or to just take a break.

Campgrounds are plentiful but reservations are best even if made just a few hours before arrival.

People are not wearing masks and are not practicing safe distances.

The price of fuel is up.

This is a beautiful country.

Truth is. People have learned. Masks really do nothing, and the vax is hit and miss. I just got out of the hospital with a sever case of covid, and yes I was fully vaxed. It did no good. Absolutely NO GOOD.

Here is how it is. If you are going to get it, you are going to get it, and there is nothing you can do about it. A person needs to do what ever they think will help them stay safe. Take the vax if you think it will help, wear a mask if you think it will help. Do what YOU "think" is best for you. But be advised. The hospitals are full of fully vaxed covid victims. I know I was one. not only did I have the vaccine, but also the infusion. Now I face MONTHS of recovery. So do what you think you need to do. But realize you still have the same chance of getting covid, as you did before you did anything.

Best thing to do. Get out, and live your life. Don't sit home and hide from something that no one has any control over. All you do is waste what time you have here. God is the only protection you really have.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/26/21 05:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let's please keep this about RVing.

No mask debates and no vax fights.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/21 06:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're "Most Timers" spending approx 10 Months in the RV and haven't changed our routine much even with Covid around. As already said, your time here is limited and you need to make the best of it you can.

2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/21 06:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am 75 and still take very frequent fishing, mountain hiking and camping trips and still young at heart, fully vaccinated and taking my statins therefore I am not a member of the grumpy old farts club. Cheers to the brave.

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/21 07:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am 80+ and put 12,000mi on my DP during covid but have sat still for 5 months now except for a couple of 200mi trips but getting ready to roll. I wore a mask when I had to only, got shots + booster and now don't worry about it. The end of the road gets closer every day so I'll just keep on going as long as I can.

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/26/21 08:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

Let's please keep this about RVing.

No mask debates and no vax fights.

A couple of y'all missed this admonition and got deleted.

Please re-read and please don't get this thread shut down.

Nv Guy

Reno NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/26/21 11:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just wrapped up a couple of months on the road. From the west to the midwest, then south, across the southwest & home. Found most CGs filled up with overnighters, So I was glad I had made reservations.
We didn't hit any real touristy places like amusement parks, but things did seem busy at the places we did stop, but when compared to last year, attendance has increased. To me the truck count seemed about the same as previous trips. Fuel prices were higher in the west, lowest in the south. Despite what the media (both social and other) wants you to think, this country still has a lot of good people. All in all a good trip. As soon as we can, we will be back out there.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Observations from the road
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.