Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: New Tires Lighten my Wallet
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> New Tires Lighten my Wallet

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/21 11:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

I wouldn't settle for 25,000 on any passenger vehicle tire, why would I expect to pay for worse mileage on a trailer tire? You might settle for that, but I got 6 years and probably 25,000 miles on my Sailun tires, and they still had a ton of tread left. I would expect a superior American made tire to do at least that good, not worse.

No matter how you spin it, 25,000 miles is not acceptable for a trailer tire.

Funny how nobody talked mileage of RV tires until the GY ENDURANCE haters only could come up with how thin the tread is. Then it was horrible that they could only go 20k from one person then now reports of 25-30k.

It is a BIG deal that you can buy a RV tire now that simply does not fail unless for a Road Hazard. For 95% of RV owners these ENDURANCE tires will age out before they are worn out.

For the very few that put over 25-30k in five years then go to something else in the "D" and "E" load range and take your chances to get more miles.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/21 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It would appear that Endurance tires are certainly suitable for people who don't travel a lot. Maybe that's why their failure rate is so low, people just don't travel with them. [emoticon] They do seem to do well as a middle-of-the-road tire.

I don't hate Goodyear Endurance tires, but when I spend money on a tire I expect it to perform well in all categories. Hate a tire? The only tires I hate are the ones that fail to perform. Buy a tire and, if you travel a lot, change it out every 2-3 years? Not very darned likely.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Bipeflier

Centralia, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/15/21 05:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Snip... You seem to be quiet on the Sailun topic these days. [emoticon]
The Endurance won't cut it for me, not enough payload, and I absolutely refuse to pay the extortionate fees for the G614. I want to see the gun when I'm robbed. [emoticon] .

I'll keep my G614s! I have never understood people who will pay upwards of $100,000 for an RV but balk at paying $1500 (what I paid 3 years ago) for the best tires out there.

I see the same thing in my Goldwing friends, $25k for a bike but won't pay $8 for an oil filter. SMH

2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/21 06:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It has nothing to do with the cost of the RV.
Why pay $1,500.00 when you can get a comparable tire for 1/2 the price.
Sailun up ended the marketplace by exposing how overpriced G614's are. Competition is a good thing.

* This post was edited 11/16/21 07:46am by an administrator/moderator *

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/21 06:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bipeflier wrote:

I'll keep my G614s! I have never understood people who will pay upwards of $100,000 for an RV but balk at paying $1500 (what I paid 3 years ago) for the best tires out there.

I see the same thing in my Goldwing friends, $25k for a bike but won't pay $8 for an oil filter. SMH

YEP!!!

* This post was edited 11/16/21 07:47am by an administrator/moderator *

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/21 07:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There's a word for people who equate quality with cost: "suckers", and there's one born every minute. [emoticon]

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/21 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Oh please tell us why “ENDURANCE will never be on my list”

What weight is on your two axles?

Big reason is I won't run an E rated tire on my fifth wheel , only G rated . That right there leaves out the Endurance .

I know what you are getting at on my axle weights ,no doubt the weight ratings of the one highest E rated Endurance falls within my weight rating . My fifth wheel came new with G rated ST235/80/16's @ 4080 @ 110 psi. Thats also what is printed on the weight placard on the left front side of the fifth wheel .

I have since went with the Sailuns ST235/85/16 G rated @ 4400 @ 110 psi., biggest reason, not so much for the weight rating as added height . Not much ,but every bit helps with these taller trucks ,and getting a bit more level .

I run the Sailuns @ 100 psi , according to inflation chart from Sailun that gives me the 4080 lbs on weight rating .

As said in a previous post ,those new Hankook H31's look very promising in a G rated RV tire in both the 235/80/16 @ 4080 @ 110 psi ,and the 235/85/16 @ 4400 @ 110 psi. Could be the tire of the future considering what is going on with the Sailuns ,and their issues , which is disappointing . They have been for several years second to none in quality ,and reliability .

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/21 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Bipeflier wrote:

YEP!!!

There is some validity in that, but then take Sailun , at now 1/3 the price of G614, that are now going for near $500 per tire [emoticon] . If I wanted to be robbed by Goodyear ,it should at least be at gunpoint [emoticon]

As far as the Goodyear G614 being the best tire out there ,not hardly ,they were at one time about the only game in town for a G rated RV tire ,and had a HORRIBLE track record , granted they have improved ,but they still have not had the track record of the Sailuns made in China, that has been well documented .

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/21 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

There's a word for people who equate quality with cost: "suckers", and there's one born every minute. [emoticon]

Yup, just price a Goodyear G614.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/21 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I never mentioned in the past anything but the fact the Sailun were made in China and even said they have a good track record.

Now that they are not doing so well I am still not going to bash them.

The fact is every tire maker has a bad run now and then. My last set of Michelins for my truck only went 40k. I replaced with same and now have 46k and plenty of tread.

So those of you that constantly bashed the GY "G" when I suggested it over the years I guess it's your turn. The fact is GY had a bad run on their "G" tires around 07 but they sure did stand behind them and fixed any damages plus replaced the tires.

So the question to be answered is Sailun stepping up and paying for damages with these faulty tires???

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> New Tires Lighten my Wallet
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.