Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Scary GMC commercial
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Scary GMC commercial

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/21 09:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take a choice - we can license dangerous human drivers, or we can license dangerous robot drivers. [emoticon]

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/21 10:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can tell you that my Cadillac XT6 identified a buck last night in the dark, showed the outline of the deer in a red box on the heads-up display, and automatically was braking faster than I could. The thermal camera view is intriguing. When I was following the hay wagon, I could tell there was a hotter bale on the load.

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

afidel

Cleveland

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/21 07:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

naturist wrote:

Last time I had the daily driver at the dealer for a multi-day repair, the loaner they gave me to drive had lane assist. A far cry from hands-free, but a step in that direction. Noting the fight it put up the first time I changed lanes without signaling (hey, there was nobody else in sight in either direction, and I just wanted to turn left), I worried what would happen in an emergency, like what if a tree jumped out in front of me? Or more likely, a kid chasing a ball, or there’s an accident ahead?

They may be right that self-driving will reduce accidents, but it isn’t there yet IMHO.

We're already there, for all its faults Tesla's system has reduced accident rates by 66% vs the general population of vehicles. Fatalities were pretty close to even last time there were publicly available stats on miles driven vs fatal accidents as there were a few edge cases that Tesla hadn't handled well and some drivers were way too trusting of the tech. GM's Supercruise system is supposed to be even better than Tesla's in the area where it's allowed to engage so it's probably 4-5x better at driving than your average person.

2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Scary GMC commercial
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.