Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Place your bets now!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Place your bets now!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
Retired JSO

North Georgia Mountains

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/21 06:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TSB

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/21 06:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Retired JSO wrote:

TSB

Thanks for posting! That however is yet a different TSB, unrelated to the lifters. Didn’t know they had potentially bad valve springs too…
Theresa couple at least lifter TSBs as well.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/21 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Update, opposite side lifters replaced now.

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/21 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I really like the 10 speed in my Expedition MAX. My 3rd favorite transmission. The cam shaft rattle the engine has, not so much......

At least they have parts available to fix the truck. Kind of surprised that is the case with the way things are today.

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/17/21 11:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the update!

Here's a tip for you!

In future, lower the stereo volume, which will help keep speed more reasonable! This will ensure the likely hood, that this company truck, will survive, until which time you acquire another new one.

PS Never tow more than 40% over truck ratings at speed.

Good luck!

Jerry

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/21 12:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

I really like the 10 speed in my Expedition MAX. My 3rd favorite transmission. The cam shaft rattle the engine has, not so much......

At least they have parts available to fix the truck. Kind of surprised that is the case with the way things are today.

Kid at work here has a new (20 or 21 model) Ecoboost F150. Said he has an inital rattle on cold start. Dlr said cam phasers, although he feels it's not indicative of (his past) cam phaser issues on a newer 5.0.

I'm with ya (same trans as the Ford 10 speed).
As far as slushboxes go, I still put the ZF 8HP in first place. Any trans that can do what that one can do, deserves a gold medal.
I still, 15 years later can't think of anything in a diesel that betters the old Allison behind the Dmax.
And this 10 speed is generally spot on and virtually impossible to confuse. Only minor gripe is it doesn't downshift aggressively enough (in grade braking situations) in any mode. And tow/haul and sport mode are not a meaningful enough departure from the "normal" shifting to warrant the added expense of the switches and buttons and programming.
Ford 6R140 is a very close fourth place if not higher.

No experience with the HD 10 speeds and not enough time in an Aisin equipped truck to compare.
Caveat, haven't driven

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/21 12:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

Thanks for the update!

Here's a tip for you!

In future, lower the stereo volume, which will help keep speed more reasonable! This will ensure the likely hood, that this company truck, will survive, until which time you acquire another new one.

PS Never tow more than 40% over truck ratings at speed.

Good luck!

Jerry

Love it. I tried the stereo thing, but this truck has almost as good a factory stereo as our SRT8. It sounds good, loud!
And I never tow over the trucks ratings at 40% over the speed limit!
(But it seems to hold 7th gear pretty well on the flats with 12klbs behind it at 80mph!) LOL

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/21 12:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Funny story, though...Not sure whether to be appreciative of the knowledge or skeptical of the work, but the Dlr told me to change the oil in 1000 miles after I get it back.

And this is on top of a supposedly fresh oil change after they re-assembled it....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Place your bets now!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.