Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Bought a second truck.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Bought a second truck.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 34  
Prev  |  Next
1320Fastback

Vista, Ca

Senior Member

Joined: 12/04/2016

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/14/22 08:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you got time throw another hose clamp on each end of the rad hoses. Two is always better than one and gives you a spare in case one let's go.


1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler


Geo*Boy

Unknown

Senior Member

Joined: 04/27/2020

View Profile






Posted: 01/15/22 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1320Fastback wrote:

If you got time throw another hose clamp on each end of the rad hoses. Two is always better than one and gives you a spare in case one let's go.

Seriously???????[emoticon]

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Online
Posted: 01/15/22 09:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Geo*Boy wrote:

1320Fastback wrote:

If you got time throw another hose clamp on each end of the rad hoses. Two is always better than one and gives you a spare in case one let's go.

Seriously???????[emoticon]

Yeah, seriously. It was a sound and very reasonable suggestion.
Spend much time in the back country or on the water? Or ever had a worm drive clamp break or strip out? I’ll guess not.
Not saying it’s mandatory , obviously.
But from the factory, our boat has double clamps on all thru hull connections and any that could siphon from the water.
Plus, unless one is being very selective with new clamps, there are a lot of cheaply made clamps out there hanging in store shelves waiting to be the next stripped out hose clamp to ruin your day.


2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/15/22 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Geo*Boy wrote:

1320Fastback wrote:

If you got time throw another hose clamp on each end of the rad hoses. Two is always better than one and gives you a spare in case one let's go.

Seriously???????[emoticon]


Please tell what disturbs you about his post?


2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

specta

utah

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2001

View Profile



Posted: 01/15/22 11:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spoon059 wrote:

Wow, that truck is incredible for a $5000ish total investment! I have some very basic mechanic abilities, but you've attacked some issues that I don't have confidence in my abilities to handle. I imagine it would be double the cost or more if you paid labor.

Absolutely beautiful truck though!!!


Thank you again. My background is automotive, I've worked on a lot of these back in the day.

With the cost of labor rates today would make this truck cost prohibitive for me.

Sometimes it kills my back and legs. LOL

* This post was edited 01/15/22 11:09am by specta *


Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
1976 Ford F-250 6.4L 4wd
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.


specta

utah

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2001

View Profile



Posted: 01/15/22 11:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Thanks. For now with everything being new I'm good with just one clamp.
I'll keep spares in this tool box that will go in the bed.

This is where I'll keep my hi-lift hack, pintle hitch, tow chain, recovery strap, tire chains and other miscellaneous stuff.

specta

utah

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2001

View Profile



Posted: 01/19/22 09:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Bought some oil while I was in Salt Lake yesterday.
I was hoping to find some blended oil with zinc but no luck this time.

[image]

New shocks, front brake pads and new u-joints for the two front drive axles arrived yesterday.

[image]

I took it out and was pushing it pretty hard in 3rd gear low range and it kept popping out of low range.
It looks like the transfer case is due for an OH.

All I need now is some time to work on it.

cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/20/22 08:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

[image]

Bought some oil while I was in Salt Lake yesterday.
I was hoping to find some blended oil with zinc but no luck this time.

[image]

New shocks, front brake pads and new u-joints for the two front drive axles arrived yesterday.

[image]

I took it out and was pushing it pretty hard in 3rd gear low range and it kept popping out of low range.
It looks like the transfer case is due for an OH.

All I need now is some time to work on it.



I had a 64 Dodge Power Wagon that would do that , I'd be coming off a steep road in granny, and the transfer case would jump out of low range . It would be pretty exciting keeping it slowed down . [emoticon]

specta

utah

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2001

View Profile



Posted: 01/20/22 01:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:



I had a 64 Dodge Power Wagon that would do that , I'd be coming off a steep road in granny, and the transfer case would jump out of low range . It would be pretty exciting keeping it slowed down . [emoticon]


This is a first for me and I don't need that kind of excitement. LOL

I've still got lots to do before tackling the t-case.

cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/20/22 04:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:



I had a 64 Dodge Power Wagon that would do that , I'd be coming off a steep road in granny, and the transfer case would jump out of low range . It would be pretty exciting keeping it slowed down . [emoticon]


This is a first for me and I don't need that kind of excitement. LOL

I've still got lots to do before tackling the t-case.


It will definitely raise your heart rate , especially when you are on the brakes , and you start sliding sideways , so you let off , and then repeat , I came off a couple a bit faster then wanted . Or climbing and spin out , I got to when I’d lose momentum I’d let off throw it in reverse, and pop the clutch to catch me going backwards , that also raised the heart rate . Or spin out kill the engine , both feet on the brake , and sliding backwards, that was exciting .[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 34  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Bought a second truck.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.