Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Australian all Electric Family Off Road Caravan
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Australian all Electric Family Off Road Caravan

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/11/21 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Skibane wrote:

GrandpaKip wrote:

Too bad some folks can’t just appreciate some things without trying to tear them apart.

Pointing out obvious flaws isn't "trying to tear them apart".

What's really too bad is the way some folks overlook major problems with solar systems, simply because they want solar to work as well as the alternatives.

The emperor has no clothes.

I would guess that the Australian engineers know just a bit more about their trailer than you do. Just a guess, but I could be worng.

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Skibane

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/21 08:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GrandpaKip wrote:

I would guess that the Australian engineers know just a bit more about their trailer than you do. Just a guess, but I could be worng.

The "engineer" (if there even is one) puts in whatever the marketing department wants.

The marketing department has absolutely no idea what actually works in the real world - only what they think they can sell.

The RV industry is rife with examples of bad ideas, and bad implementations of mediocre ideas.

If you think the mere act of introducing a product automatically makes it a good design, I've got some Chevy Vegas I'd like to sell you.

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/21 02:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Skibane wrote:

GrandpaKip wrote:

The "engineer" (if there even is one) puts in whatever the marketing department wants.

The marketing department has absolutely no idea what actually works in the real world - only what they think they can sell.

The RV industry is rife with examples of bad ideas, and bad implementations of mediocre ideas.

If you think the mere act of introducing a product automatically makes it a good design, I've got some Chevy Vegas I'd like to sell you.

No, this is a custom design built for apecific customers, nothing to do with an imaginary marketing department

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/21 02:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GrandpaKip wrote:

Skibane wrote:

GrandpaKip wrote:

Too bad some folks can’t just appreciate some things without trying to tear them apart.

Pointing out obvious flaws isn't "trying to tear them apart".

What's really too bad is the way some folks overlook major problems with solar systems, simply because they want solar to work as well as the alternatives.

The emperor has no clothes.

Pretty well spot on. Do not know what he is talking about

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/21 02:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

That TT sure looks good...tuff!

Pretty well

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/21 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Skibane wrote:

GrandpaKip wrote:

Ha, ha, ha. Whatever you say, sir.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/21 09:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice. Thanks for posting.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/21 09:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

No, this is a custom design built for apecific customers, nothing to do with an imaginary marketing department

That statement is priceless. The lengths that some won’t go to protect their position!
So not a production unit and there is no “marketing” involved whatsoever in a high $ custom build? Mmmmmkay.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Australian all Electric Family Off Road Caravan
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.