Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Finding a TT that does not have Bunkhouse
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Finding a TT that does not have Bunkhouse

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/21 02:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi. A lot will depend on your specific camping needs and wants of course. Sounds like you are looking for a "couples only" rig for the most part?

We have always been just a couple and this is our second TT in the last 19 years, so we don't need much.. Just some space and an excuse to not have any overnight guests in the rig.. [emoticon]

If you like group camping, or having guests, that's great! But, for us, this floor plan works best for us and we really enjoy it.

[image]

Good luck! Mitch
[image]

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

2halfs

CA.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/21 04:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WNYBob wrote:

We found a lightly used (and probably stored indoors)
2014 Evergreen Ascend 231RKB. It gives us just enough room for 2 grandkids. We love it.
If you find an older TT check it carefully and often. It had no delam when we purchased it, but showed delam after 6 months outside in the weather of WNY! I had to remove and reseal the clearance lights.

I had to laugh when I read your comment.

We own a 2004 R-Vision Trail Bay 27DS.

I absolutely love this floor plan. I adore the counter space, large area for TV (if you want a TV).
The ease of getting to the refrigerator and bathroom when closed up. I love that we can have dinnett and couch made into beds and you lose no floor space.

Honestly this trailer has fit our needs for 17 years....I hate to give it up, but we want to be updated with the today markets luxuries. Plus the other hard part is the trailer has held up through the years....no problems.

Thanks for the advice.

Happiness in an RV is a Full Tank of Gas,
and an Empty Holding Tank!

2halfs

CA.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/21 04:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks all for the comments and suggestions.

Some I have tried, some I did not think about.

Will keep looking.

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/21 05:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2halfs wrote:

WNYBob wrote:

We found a lightly used (and probably stored indoors)
2014 Evergreen Ascend 231RKB. It gives us just enough room for 2 grandkids. We love it.
If you find an older TT check it carefully and often. It had no delam when we purchased it, but showed delam after 6 months outside in the weather of WNY! I had to remove and reseal the clearance lights.

I had to laugh when I read your comment.

We own a 2004 R-Vision Trail Bay 27DS.

I absolutely love this floor plan. I adore the counter space, large area for TV (if you want a TV).
The ease of getting to the refrigerator and bathroom when closed up. I love that we can have dinnett and couch made into beds and you lose no floor space.

Honestly this trailer has fit our needs for 17 years....I hate to give it up, but we want to be updated with the today markets luxuries. Plus the other hard part is the trailer has held up through the years....no problems.

Thanks for the advice.

The comment I put into bold is pretty puzzling to me.

What "type" of "luxuries" are you really concerned with that you are looking for a new RV?

Not much has changed in RVs from yours other than perhaps different decor color pallet, perhaps different cabinet and counter top, wall paper, flooring finishes/colors.

You can dress that stuff up yourself with paint, wallpaper, flooring and yes you can even change the countertops if you like.

If it is luxuries like IoT (Internet of Things) connected systems to your phone and automated stuff you are far, far better off installing that stuff yourself. The IoT stuff put into the RVs isn't top quality and when it breaks getting repair support can be impossible.

Just because yours is "old" doesn't mean one must replace it, if you like what you have and want a newer refreshed look, consider DIYing some updates to yours.. RV stuff isn't all that great so anything you change will be vastly superior to any new RV.

afidel

Cleveland

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/21 09:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The easiest way to rule out bunkhouses is to specifically search for rear living or rear kitchen models as they're more or less mutually exclusive with bunkhouses, especially in the lengths you're looking at (there's a short Cougar midbunk that's technically a rear kitchen but it was so unpopular that it was discontinued after just a few seasons, much to my dismay as I was going to pick one up as a work from the road unit in a few years)

2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/21 04:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2Halfs I agree that our R Vision travel trailers are good quality because they were a division of Monaco Coach. My 2003 Trail Cruiser never had any serious maintenance issues after many years of hard travel and outside storage. YEP

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/21 07:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've thought about just buying a Bunkhouse model and then tearing out the bunks.

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/21 09:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CavemanCharlie wrote:

I've thought about just buying a Bunkhouse model and then tearing out the bunks.

Folks have done this to create more storage space, a home office, ect. Not impossible to do, just takes some noodling on how to deconstruct the bunks without inflicting major damage to the walls.

Just have to make sure there isn't plumbing or mechanicals or something that can't be relocated under the bottom bunk that you can't work around before committing to the change.

Some bunk models have a mini "garage" behind the bunks with a nice big outside door hatch that can be used for storing outdoor furniture, hoses and such.. Removing the bunks could allow one to expand that storage a bit to handle extra outdoor stuff like bicycles..

Some see things like this as obstacles, I look at things like this as opportunity..

eend

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 12/27/21 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Arctic fox has some nice layouts, and you get a quality trailer.
https://northwoodmfg.com/arctic-fox-2/north-fork/.

2019 VW Tiguan
2015 F150 ecoboost
2013 Arctic Fox 22G
1971 Boler 1300

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Finding a TT that does not have Bunkhouse
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.