Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Selling Fifth Wheel Hitches - How To
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Selling Fifth Wheel Hitches - How To

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
humblerb

houston

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/22 12:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Recently upgraded truck to a RAM with Pucks.
My stand-by for resale is FB Marketplace.
So far, zero interest.
I hate Craig's List because of the scammers, but, I placed an ad there recently. Nothing but scammers, so far.
Anyone have thoughts on how to reach potential interested buyers besides these two options.
Are there local "For Sale" pages that target campers?
Thanks,

* This post was edited 01/05/22 01:51pm by an administrator/moderator *

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/22 12:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try putting it in your brands forum classified. Or other RV sites that may have a classified section.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/22 01:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There’s always the option of the frame adapter , I wanted to keep my existing hitch, manual slider. There are three brands of those adapters , cheaper then a new hitch in the event you don’t get your old one sold . The adapter locks on the four pucks , then it works the same as the bed rails, but can be removed along with the hitch or separate.

humblerb

houston

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/22 01:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

There’s always the option of the frame adapter , I wanted to keep my existing hitch, manual slider. There are three brands of those adapters , cheaper then a new hitch in the event you don’t get your old one sold . The adapter locks on the four pucks , then it works the same as the bed rails, but can be removed along with the hitch or separate.

Already talked to B&W about this.
They make an adapter for the Companion.
But, there is not an adapter for the Patriot and RAM trucks.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/22 01:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sold my older style Companion first day on CL.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Tyler0215

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/22 01:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You will probably have better luck selling your hitch in 3 or 4 months.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/22 01:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

humblerb wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Already talked to B&W about this.
They make an adapter for the Companion.
But, there is not an adapter for the Patriot and RAM trucks.

I believe you misunderstood me, your hitch was previously mounted to bed rails in your previous truck, this is no different other than its a separate frame that attaches to the four pucks, then you hitch mounts to that .you don't change anything on your hitch . Google Reese 30154 adapter, and you will see what I am talking about , the Reese is the one I have . PullRite ,and Demco also sells one .

They allow for any standard bed rail hitch to work with your puck system without doing anything to the hitch, other then mounting it the same as you did with the bed rails . The nice thing is it removes by unlocking the four pucks ,and remove from the bed .

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/22 01:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let me add , its a solid connection that frame, it locks to your four factory pucks, and there is no movement or slop . The only movement you will have is the same as you had connected to the bed rails with your four pins, which on mine is nothing I can detect .

Its nice to go directly to the four pucks , and if I was starting from scratch , that's what I would do , but nothing wrong with this setup other than another part to take out if a clean bed is needed. In my case ,I don't bother there is no need for a completely clean bed . IMO its great option, the adapter with already having a hitch , and considering yours is pretty new .

Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/22 03:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I share your frustration with Craigslist. Six years ago, I sold a Patriot on CL the first day. Recently I posted an item under sporting goods and it never went to the top of the list. A sporting goods store had their entire inventory listed (some 2,000 items) and it shoved my post way down to where no one saw it. I had to receive an e-mail to show that I wasn't a bot. Apparently others have found workarounds from doing the same. I ignore any inquiries within the first ten minutes - scams.

If you are posting your hitch under RVs and are not receiving any calls, maybe you need to reconsider your price. Cheap generally sells.

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/22 05:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sold mine in 1 day on CL.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Selling Fifth Wheel Hitches - How To
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.