Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Rising fuel, will it be any different this time?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Rising fuel, will it be any different this time?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/22 08:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have several oil and gas leases. Explain to me why my oil production check for 3 wells went down $160 last check while the pump price is going up way faster than it should. Somewhere down the line someone is making a killing.

dedmiston

Coast to Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/22 08:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

Well gas not diesel is $7 a gallon in Cali

Fake news. It’s bad, but not that bad.

San Luis Obispo is the worst in the state except for remote spots like Death Valley. It’s about $6/gal in SLO.

Not that I’m defending the insanity, but the rumors aren’t true (yet).

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

rlw999

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/22 08:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rk911 wrote:

agesilaus wrote:

...But DC has some official advice, buy a Tesla...

i thought she said "Prius". [emoticon]

Either one is a good idea for a daily driver -- we have both, an EV (not a Tesla) that I use for the daily commute, and a 45mpg Hybrid (not a Prius) that we use for long trips when we don't take the RV.

Not having to pay for gas for the daily commute sure helps take the sting out of high fuel prices when we do take the RV out, we've got a 2000 mile trip planned next month and are preparing for $6/gallon gas.

rlw999

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/22 08:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ferndaleflyer wrote:

I have several oil and gas leases. Explain to me why my oil production check for 3 wells went down $160 last check while the pump price is going up way faster than it should. Somewhere down the line someone is making a killing.

Kind of how prices at the gas station go up as soon as crude prices go up -- while the gas they've had in their tanks for 2 days didn't come from that expensive crude, and the gasoline that they'll get tomorrow didn't get refined from that expensive crude. And oddly, when crude gets cheaper, prices don't come down as fast as they went up. Someone's making that profit.

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/22 03:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some economists predict $200 oil by end of month so if true it will bite most of you

Latest news from bing news summaries is ever increasing high cost of nickel and predicted soon shortages of EV battery quality nickel (Russia) will continue to drive up the cost of EV vehicles along with the ever increasing cost of auto gas.

Enjoy the future everyone.

docsouce

Seekonk Ma.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/22 05:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DW and I were talking about our upcoming trip out west later this Summer. We'll go as far as half of our "road trip" fund will take us.
I used $8 per gallon for gas,$50 per night for campground and $20 per day for food to figure our daily expenses. These numbers are high ( I hope) and should bring us to the west side of North Dakota,then we'll see what things look like. My concern is gas supply. Right now we aren't seeing any shortages but if we start seeing gas shortages this will really add a wild card to the deck.

* This post was edited 03/09/22 05:30am by docsouce *

2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

ChuckSteed

Mtn Home, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/22 05:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might have a tough time finding $50 a nite CG out west

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/22 05:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems like 'we're' preventing any and all oil production in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. For the love of Pete, it's ONLY a 19.8 million acre site but 'we' oppose drilling on just 2000 acres (about 1/100 of one percent of the Refuge)... that's 1/100th OF 1%.

The US hasn't opened a new refinery since 1975 and about 36 have been forced to close since 1980 due to too many rules and regulations.

Oh yes, and Covid is certainly to blame for just about everything (I ran out of Cheerios this morning -- I blame Covid).

[emoticon]

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

[email protected]

Windsor NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/22 06:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we sold our diesel motor home and went back to a fiver, I had several offers to sell my Fiesta hatchback since it was set up for the tow vehicle. I almost did a couple of times since used car prices are so high. BUT I didn't------now I have to figure out how to mount my fiver hitch on the roof without scratching the paint. The Fiesta gets 40 mpg. It will pull it right??[emoticon]

Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucky & Lucie

schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/22 07:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[email protected] wrote:

When we sold our diesel motor home and went back to a fiver, I had several offers to sell my Fiesta hatchback since it was set up for the tow vehicle. I almost did a couple of times since used car prices are so high. BUT I didn't------now I have to figure out how to mount my fiver hitch on the roof without scratching the paint. The Fiesta gets 40 mpg. It will pull it right??[emoticon]

It will pull it downhill and stop it going uphill. Plan your trip carefully....

2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2009 Open Range 385RLS
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Rising fuel, will it be any different this time?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.