Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Yellowstone with pets
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Yellowstone with pets

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/21/22 03:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It can only come through on your smart phone if you have cell service. There are many areas in a National Park where you may be sightseeing that don't get cell service - so you will not know the dog is barking until you head back to an area where there is cell service.

Now if you never travel and stay where cell phone service is limited, then the webcam is very helpful. And spending the majority of your time in places with service can definitely give you a better idea of whether your dog will bark a lot or not.

But not every campground has effective internet service and not every place has cell service. And not every RVer limits their travels to areas with internet and cell service.

So you need to be aware of potential gaps in the reliability of such tools before depending on them.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/22 03:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

It can only come through on your smart phone if you have cell service. There are many areas in a National Park where you may be sightseeing that don't get cell service - so you will not know the dog is barking until you head back to an area where there is cell service.

Now if you never travel and stay where cell phone service is limited, then the webcam is very helpful. And spending the majority of your time in places with service can definitely give you a better idea of whether your dog will bark a lot or not.

But not every campground has effective internet service and not every place has cell service. And not every RVer limits their travels to areas with internet and cell service.

So you need to be aware of potential gaps in the reliability of such tools before depending on them.

I agree service can be sporadic that is the nature of cell phones.
However my cell phone works 90% of the time. Most of those that monitor their dogs have hotspots or secondary cell phones. They are not relying on CG wifi.
For me the bigger issue is knowing your dog.
I agree with your comments on this point. Many are confident in their dogs behavior and know the dog does not bark.
However some are also confident in their dogs behavior and don't really care if their dog barks.
I imagine they are the same pet owners that don't clean up.
In the end the bad pet owners give us all a bad name...no internet necessary

* This post was edited 03/21/22 07:04pm by Lantley *

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

[email protected]

Windsor NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/21/22 05:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I really appreciate the low keyed, common sense posts on this subject. A lot of times it gets way out of line. Lantley is correct, we have two Verizon mi-fi hotspots. One stays in the fiver and the other one goes with us. The one we keep on our person only has 10 gb but we only use it to make sure our smart phones have a connection.
Everyone has good points on this subject.

Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucky & Lucie

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/21/22 09:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am also over the top with wanting to stay tethered to our dogs in the RV.....it's a given to have a Temp monitor( I use the Verizon based Marcell), I also use a Web Cam having Verizon, AT&T and T mobile hot spots......but I can always find someplace where cell is no good at all even with all the latest boosters and gadjets! Yellowstone historically is one such "dead Zone"!

This is where I agree with a previous poster, our dogs are our responsibilty, one that we take seriously and happily...if one of us has to stay behind to ensure tranquality, then that's what happens!

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

RGar974417

Robesonia,Pa 19551

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/22 06:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a Labrador retriever,sometimes left her in the trailer,other times we took her with. No problems.

2g's

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 03/25/22 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Above all, read the official national park rules. This is also the best site for information of all kinds... things to do, road information, etc.

https://www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/pets.htm

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Yellowstone with pets
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.