Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Ford Parts
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ford Parts

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
deadticket8

All over

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/22 06:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does anyone know if accessories.ford.com is a Ford Company site? It looks authentic but I would like input.

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/22 07:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks legitimate to me. Only Ford can use the ford.com domain.

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/22 05:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BB_TX wrote:

Only Ford can use the Ford logo/trademark, but anyone can buy any domain if it's available. I could buy Amazon.com if it came up for sale and I had enough $$$$$ to buy it!

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/22 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

BB_TX wrote:

Only Ford can use the Ford logo/trademark, but anyone can buy any domain if it's available. I could buy Amazon.com if it came up for sale and I had enough $$$$$ to buy it!

Inversely, anyone can use anyone's logo/trademark in their sales pitches, as evidenced by all the spam texts and emails that show those logos but are obviously not those companies. A quick click on the sender's email address of something legitimate looking from Visa card might show an actual email address of something like &%(^(@&$(@(*$&&visa.mysite.com. Obviously not Visa.

And yes, you could buy and use the Ford domain if you had the money, and if it was available, but not until Ford agrees to sell it.

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/22 11:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BB_TX wrote:

BB_TX wrote:

Inversely, anyone can use anyone's logo/trademark in their sales pitches, as evidenced by all the spam texts and emails that show those logos but are obviously not those companies. A quick click on the sender's email address of something legitimate looking from Visa card might show an actual email address of something like &%(^(@&$(@(*$&&visa.mysite.com. Obviously not Visa.

And yes, you could buy and use the Ford domain if you had the money, and if it was available, but not until Ford agrees to sell it.

I guess what I should have said is that Ford is the only one that can LEGALLY use the logo/trademark, but anybody can use any domain name they want to once they own it.

theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/22 01:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess what I should have said is that Ford is the only one that can LEGALLY use the logo/trademark, but anybody can use any domain name they want to once they own it.

TRUE !

That does not mean that they don't license the name and logo to third parties. A couple of years ago there were Ford branded generators. The only thing Ford about them as the name and the logo.

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/22 04:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

theoldwizard1 wrote:

TRUE !

That does not mean that they don't license the name and logo to third parties. A couple of years ago there were Ford branded generators. The only thing Ford about them as the name and the logo.

Yup. Licensing = legal

Just like crappy watches with designer names on them. Those designers probably know less about watches than I do (but China can still crank em' out by the thousands!)

deadticket8

All over

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/30/22 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the info

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/30/22 08:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP: FWIW, if you scroll to the bottom of the webpage you reference, there is a 'copyright mark' and date of 2022 followed by Ford Motor Company. Whether it's run by Ford or 3rd party via licensing agreement, who knows...

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/30/22 08:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

OP: FWIW, if you scroll to the bottom of the webpage you reference, there is a 'copyright mark' and date of 2022 followed by Ford Motor Company. Whether it's run by Ford or 3rd party via licensing agreement, who knows...
I would assume they ship genuine OEM Ford parts.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ford Parts
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.