Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone Cancelling Truck Camper Trips Due to Fuel Prices?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Anyone Cancelling Truck Camper Trips Due to Fuel Prices?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/22 05:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gas prices are also at record highs. That has not seemed to make even a slight decrease in demand. In my area traffic is worse than ever now that the weather is warmer.

I don't understand, but Covid seems to have left most families in better financial shape than before.

notsobigjoe

southeast

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/22 06:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimK-NY wrote:

Gas prices are also at record highs. That has not seemed to make even a slight decrease in demand. In my area traffic is worse than ever now that the weather is warmer.

I don't understand, but Covid seems to have left most families in better financial shape than before.

Florida the same thing. Our population grew substantially since the onset of covid. These are working class people that wanted what Florida had to give. The Traffic is unbelievable here too! The campgrounds are still packed and the tourist traps are still filled with tourists. I know this because I Uber in New Smyrna beach and Daytona on the weekends and make a small fortune.
I don't agree with you about Covid. Respectfully...

MissouriCamper

Plattsburg, MO, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/22 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I asked this same question to the owner of a rv park in the Ozarks when I called about a reservation. She told me she had not seen a drop and actually her bookings have increased. Sounds to me like people are just tired of being stuck at home and are making a go despite the fuel prices.

Mike & Shirley
2009 F250 SD Supercab 6.4 w/3.55
Ford Brake Control, Equalizer
2018 Flagstaff Microlite 25FKS

jimh406

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/22 07:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The polls are saying most people don't think they are doing well now. I can't think of any reason why some would think that most people are doing well now. Maybe they aren't paying attention.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Toyo M655 225/19.5 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/22 08:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dr J the Canuck wrote:

No cancellation. Heading to the Yukon for 3 weeks. 4000+ miles round trip. 2011 F350 6.7L diesel. Not happy about the diesel fuel costs (~$8.25/US gal) in BC/YN, but would be even less happy if we didn't go. Will be fuel and food smart, and will remind ourselves at the pumps that there aren't many truck camping summers left for these 65+ year old bones.

A Fortunate Canadian

This is pretty much our attitude towards our 6,000+ trip to the Pacific Northwest/USA. We JUST bought a diesel truck and are cringing at the fuel prices; but our "Bucket List Clock" is ticking down....

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/22 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

You're quite welcome. Anyone not taking advantage of this app is missing out big time!! Yesterday the Shell station on the beach where I usually buy gas was 24 cents per gallon cash back with the Upside app. [emoticon]

Rick, I asked above, whats the catch? Because you sound like the radio commercial, which is fine, but I don't understand how Upside generates the income (and profit) to do this.
Strange you skipped over a question, not like you....ponzi?

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/22 08:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ReneeG wrote:

ReneeG wrote:

One way to save is to use your gas CC. Sinclair gives you .10 off per gallon using the card and Chevron gives you .05 off per gallon and .02 credit on your overall bill. You can see that we always use Sinclair right now.

Get the Upside app. Locally I have never gotten less than 14 cents per gallon back. Has been as high as 32 cents. Check it out. Our adult son got us hooked up with it just a few months ago, and the cash adds up quickly.

Thank you!

Don't get suckered ReneeG

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/22 02:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimh406 wrote:

The polls are saying most people don't think they are doing well now. I can't think of any reason why some would think that most people are doing well now. Maybe they aren't paying attention.

I can think of a number of reasons. The first was what started this thread. High gas prices have not seemed to have decreased demand or driving. The roads are worse than ever in my area. Much higher prices in the grocery stores, Costco, Walmart and the malls have not seemed to have any impact. In fact people seem to be buying more than ever perhaps because they believe prices will increase even more. Shortages seem to stimulate more buying.

Next is real estate sales. Unbelievable in my area. Prices are now about 40% higher than before Covid! Houses are sold as fast as they hit the market for more than the asking price. A good friend is moving into a retirement community and sold her house last weekend. The open house was Saturday. Bidding wars went all through Sunday and into Monday morning. She accepted an offer about $100K over her asking price by Monday afternoon.

There are labor shortages in virtually every employment field. There are help wanted signs in most store front windows. Auto mechanics are in very high demand. It can take weeks for routine car maintenance and prices are going up accordingly. I was able to get my truck inspected a few months late. There are signs offering to train people from scratch with good pay during the training period. A skill experienced mechanic is likely to make $100k or more. Good luck getting a tradesman for any home repair. Plan on having cash and gladly paying whatever they ask.

Do you want any more reasons?

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/22 02:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

ReneeG wrote:

ReneeG wrote:

One way to save is to use your gas CC. Sinclair gives you .10 off per gallon using the card and Chevron gives you .05 off per gallon and .02 credit on your overall bill. You can see that we always use Sinclair right now.

Get the Upside app. Locally I have never gotten less than 14 cents per gallon back. Has been as high as 32 cents. Check it out. Our adult son got us hooked up with it just a few months ago, and the cash adds up quickly.

Thank you!

Don't get suckered ReneeG

I haven't. I was reading reviews on the Google App store and not sure how the money is refunded. Until I know more, I'm happy to get an instant .10 or .05 off per gallon of gas depending on what credit card I use.

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/22 05:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So why is Getupside App strangely void of any real info on the web?
This is not a sarcatic question. Does anyone know the basis or endgame with that? (Not that I give a ____ or have the time nor inclination to submit receipts for "rebates.")

Paging RetiredRealtorRick....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Anyone Cancelling Truck Camper Trips Due to Fuel Prices?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.