Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: TIP when permanente
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

 > TIP when permanente

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Tequila

Canada - Summer, Mexico - Winter

Senior Member

Joined: 12/01/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/23/22 01:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For what its worth I talked to somebody who sucessfully got a 10 year TIP on a motorhome while permanente. They used a lawyer in Chapala (not Spencer). I have never heard of this before. I do know the SAT regs on motorhomes are a bit vague. The also said they confirmed it was Ok with Banjercito.

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

Moderator

Joined: 09/29/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/23/22 04:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My gut says there is a very good chance that there will be no issues, but I sure wouldn't take a chance on losing a very valuable RV.

Tequila

Canada - Summer, Mexico - Winter

Senior Member

Joined: 12/01/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/23/22 04:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

yeah makes me wonder as well. So many iffy things happen down here. I converted my temp to perm last week, BTW, so I am not bringing mine down again even though I have 8 years left. It was easier to buy a mexicancar and fly & rent,

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

Moderator

Joined: 09/29/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/23/22 05:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It can be done, and not be very traceable, but you could lose your vehicle and residency status.

Renew your passport after you get your permanent residency. You will get a new passport number. Then, just apply for a 10 year tip. Easy.

However, and again, if someone wants you you potentially lose your residency and your vehicle.

Congratulations on getting your permanent residency.

Tequila

Canada - Summer, Mexico - Winter

Senior Member

Joined: 12/01/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/06/23 03:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oddly enough, the Sat regs for Motorhomes (Cas Rodantes) makes no mention of resident status whereas it is in the regular vehicle section. The document below does mention permanente residents but it is refering to Mexicans who are permanent residents in the US or Canada

CASAS RODANTES
Con permiso de importación temporal expedido por Banjercito
Quienes pueden realizar el trámite
Los extranjeros o mexicanos residentes permanentes en el extranjero.

Requisitos
1. Tratándose de mexicanos residentes en el extranjero, el número del documento emitido por la autoridad migratoria del país extranjero que los acredite como residentes permanentes en el extranjero o de la autorización expresa de la autoridad competente de ese país que les otorgue la calidad de prestadores de servicios conforme a los acuerdos internacionales de los que México sea parte.
2. Tratándose de extranjeros, que ingresarán el número de pasaporte, acta de nacimiento o cualquier otro documento que acredite su nacionalidad.
o El interesado deberá registrar los datos de la casa rodante que pretende importar temporalmente, indicando si amparará la propiedad del mismo con el título de propiedad o registro vehicular emitido por la autoridad competente del país extranjero.
Quienes pueden conducir la casa rodante importada temporalmente en territorio nacional
Las casas rodantes podrán ser conducidas o transportadas en territorio nacional por el importador, esposa(o), sus padres, hijos o hermanos siempre que sean residentes permanentes en el extranjero o por cualquier otra persona cuando viaje a bordo el importador.
Unidades que pueden importarse conjuntamente con la casa rodante
Conjuntamente con la importación temporal de la casa rodante, se podrá realizar la importación temporal de motocicletas, trimotos, cuatrimotos, motos acuáticas o carros de recreo, siempre que no hayan sido concebidos, destinados o fabricados de modo evidente para circular por vías generales de comunicación, sean federales, estatales o municipales, por un máximo de tres unidades, para lo cual se deberá acreditar la propiedad de las unidades transportadas y registrarlas en el mismo permiso de importación temporal de la casa rodante. En estos casos, el plazo del permiso de importación temporal de la casa rodante será de 180 días.
Vigencia
El plazo a que se sujetará la importación temporal de la casa rodante será de 10 años y se empezará a computar a partir de la fecha de inicio de la vigencia del “permiso de importación temporal de casa rodante” y podrá realizar entradas y salidas múltiples durante la vigencia del permiso de importación temporal.
Prórroga
Los interesados podrán solicitar un nuevo “Permiso de importación temporal de casa rodante”, para la misma casa rodante por un plazo de diez años, siempre que realicen el trámite de importación temporal hasta con 15 días de anticipación al vencimiento del permiso vigente, vía internet a través de la página www.gob.mx/banjercito o en cualquiera de los Módulos CIITEV, sin que en este último caso se requiera la presentación física de la casa rodante.
Retorno
Para registrar y obtener el comprobante del retorno definitivo de la casa rodante, el interesado deberá presentar ante el personal de BANJERCITO que opera los Módulos CIITEV en las aduanas de salida la casa rodante, el permiso, holograma, en su caso, los vehículos de recreo y el remolque para su traslado que hayan sido importados temporalmente.
Recomendaciones
Verificar que todos los datos de identificación de la casa rodante como lo es, marca, año, modelo, tipo y numero serie (NIV o VIN), así como los datos del importador se encuentren impresos en el permiso y sean correctos, ya que se dan casos en que se presentan documentos de otra casa rodante que no es la que se pretende importar.
Para mayor información puede comunicarse a través de MarcaSAT:
· Desde la Ciudad de México 627 22 728 opciones 7 y 6.
· Del resto del país 01 55 627 22 728 opciones 7 y 6.
· Desde los Estados Unidos de América y Canadá 1 8 77 44 88 728 opciones 7 y 6.

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

Moderator

Joined: 09/29/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/06/23 07:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like they/you could be fine. Being the person that I am, I wouldn't be willing to take a chance. At least not in a vehicle that I wouldn't be willing to lose, and lose any chance of residency or citizenship.

However, we did, after we had permanent residency, make one last trip down, 5 years ago, to drop off stuff and then exit the country with our US plated vehicle.

My personal opinion is that is just depends upon your willingness to take the risk.

Tequila

Canada - Summer, Mexico - Winter

Senior Member

Joined: 12/01/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/07/23 07:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A friend of mine crossed at nogales yesterday with a motorhome. She is temporal. They issued her a 10 year permit, so go figure. It was not tied to her temporal expiry as they do with cars. I am going to have my partner try to clear this up with an official higher up in SAT

playaboy

riviera maya

Senior Member

Joined: 09/30/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/07/23 07:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked into this years ago. Here is where the loophole might close.

Quienes pueden conducir la casa rodante importada temporalmente en territorio nacional
Las casas rodantes podrán ser conducidas o transportadas en territorio nacional por el importador, esposa(o), sus padres, hijos o hermanos siempre que sean residentes permanentes en el extranjero o por cualquier otra persona cuando viaje a bordo el importador.

You are a permanent resident of Mexico not a resident abroad.

When you have an accident, what would your insurance company look at when you file the claim?


That said, in 20 years living in MX I personally know of only one vehicle taken for an expired TIP. It was a camper van at Cancun airport a decade ago.

I say go for it. 99% chance you will have no issue. The 1% can be taken care of with a little cash

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

 > TIP when permanente
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.